cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI separator unable to split if multiple interchanges present in a single text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Need your advise to fix the following issue that we are currently facing

For an incoming EDI X12 file scenario, we have developed a SFTP sender to EDI separator receiver flow to pick and split the messages in  EDI x12 file  and tested few scenarios.

Scenario 1:

If multiple messages present in single interchange, then it was splitted successfully.

ISA

GS

ST

SE

ST

SE

GE

IEA

Scenario 2:

If multiple interchanges present in single file, then system is considering only the first one and ignoring the rest.

ISA  --- PI splitting only this one

IEA

ISA -- This one is not splitting

IEA

Kindly advise if any way to split all the interchanges using EDI separator. I have browsed some similar threads in the same forum but didn't find any proper solution. Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

See my answer in this other thread - we had requested this last year sometime because of how messages come from one VAN provider and SAP has released a note in March of 2015: http://scn.sap.com/message/16151031#16151031

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Request you to create a CSN ticket on BC-XI-CON-B2B-MOD.

We would like to have access to the payload and the error details.

Thanks,

Appala

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that having multiple interchanges in 1 file is correct?

1 interchange can contain multiple messages, that is correct.

And I guess 1 file can only contain 1 interchange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dimitri.

The file which is coming from VAN has multiple interchanges for different partners. Kindly suggest if there is any way to handle this using EDI separator.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me, the fact that the B2B add-on cannot split incoming interchanges means that the structure is not correct. Please open an incident at SAP and ask to investigate. Afterwards, please do share the outcome.

Thanks you.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would agree with Dimitri that a file that has multiple ISA / IEA - Loops is not completely correct as a valid EDI-File and therefor the EDI Separator probably is not able to handle this.

However, i have seen in several projects that it is a typical use-case to megre such files (like when they are received from a VAN or forwarded from another application) even when they are originating from different partners.

Many years ago, we had the same situation with the Seeburger-Splitter-Adapter and therfor at that time some additional functionality had been developed on the communication-adapter level (e.g. AS2), where a limited split-functionality was introduced that was just splitting up large files based on such a criteria (like ISA)... so that a file with 3 ISA-Loops was treated as 3 separate incoming files....and then the EDI-Splitter could process each of them with the typical functionality.

I would assume that SAP would have to provide a similar functionality also for the B2B-AddOn.

Kind Regards

Stefan