cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM Time zone issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

I am facing the issue when we hire employees outside of the US they are in a time zone much earlier than MST(Malaysia(MYT) is 12 hours ahead than the US(MST) ). In the example in the ticket …

-          I have hired an employee effective 8/28/2015

-          His IT0105 subtype 0001 record starts on 8/27/2015 because this is the date I entered the data.

-          The user ID has been created effective 8/27/2015 also.

-          But the role on the user in IT0105 (HRPA_ESS_P) does not start until the user is hired into the company, 8/28/2015

Because the user starts work on 8/28, and their local time zone in Malaysia is 12 hours or more ahead of MST time, it is still 8/27/2015 in the system. The result is a failure message in myHRdata and four shortdumps in ST22. See below.

When it becomes 12/28/2015 in Englewood, CO, MST, then there is no longer an issue. What are other companies doing to handle this issue? I have tried a couple of things on the user in SU01 and on the portal ID directly, but still the 500 internal server error and shortdumps remain. I believe Malaysia is time zone UTC+8.

Can you please help me with this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

this u need to check with IT department team or ur basis team , they can easily set this for u ....explain ur issue to them they can assist u on this ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it becomes 12/28/2015 in Englewood

are u keeping it to future date ? i think it is december 28  2015

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

Sorry that is 08/28/2015.

Former Member
0 Kudos

*       I have hired an employee effective 08/28/2015.................. here from this date employee becomes active and all his infotypes will start from this  date

* His IT0105 subtype 0001 record starts on 08/27/2015 because this is the date I entered the data..........can we know why u r entering the data in 105 0001 before hire date ?

once check by giving the exact start date of his hiring date  in 105 0001 and check what is happening in the system ..... and any specific reason u have to enter 08/27/2015 this date

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

whats your system timezone, this one is important too ie SYSTEM > STATUS

and also, when employee is start to begin or start, will depend upon his timezone