cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to mask the data of table with 80 columns?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a table of 80 columns, most of them numbers. i try to mask the data with the platform Mask_Data. i test it with 5 columns and it is done successfully. but now i try to do for the full table, and the Mask_data has only six Numeric_data fields, so how i can mask the full table??

do i need to use ( # of numeric columns / 6 ) platforms to mask the whole numeric data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salam,

First of all select all the columns in the Input tab and then go to Options tab in the DataMask transform and for every field you want to mask you must duplicate the mask section. Then assign a field to each mask out section.

Refer below link which explains it in a very simple way

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thank you for your response

i also did all of that before, but my question that i have only 6 numericdata fields, and my table has about 70 numeric fields and i need to mask all of them, how i can do in one platform or i need to use 12 platforms??

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salam,

Only select required columns which needs to be masked. You can mask all of them in one platform itself but this would be a tedious task

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

one platform has only 6 numeric input fields, and i have more than 6, so how i can do in one platform??

can i add new input fields with numeric type?

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salam,

I dont have a DS system with 4.2 SP4 in which the DataMask functionality was added so its difficult for me to tell if more than 6 input fields can be added. Do you have an option of adding more fields. If you see that option then you can add as numeric type

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately there is no option to add new fields

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salam,

As this is a new feature in DS it might have some limitation. Can you get in touch with

Regards

Arun Sasi