Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should I start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to learn SAP but I just want some advice on where should I start or the course that I am taking is suitable for my knowledge background.

I am an IT graduate with knowledge in programming, did some IT work for 2 years and then transfer to a Technical Support (3 years) jobs for software. I handle software support from installation, how to and all technical troubleshooting. I been doing some self study with all the overviews and now taking the ABAP course.

Can anyone suggest which path or course would be most applicable to me?

Kind Regards,

Ralf

4 REPLIES 4

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Try to learn SAP Basis and Security

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thank you for your response. Is there any free course in Learning Hub that you can recommend? I will get a license by the end of September so I am dependent on free course as of the moment.

I also checked about Basis and it seems like it is indeed the right track for me. Correct me if I am wrong but Basis are administrative work, technical support and maintenance. I have not yet checked about Security but it seems to be connected to Basis.

Kind regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf

The discovery edition of Learning Hub does not have much in the way of technical previews. Still, I'd look at general system overview and process. Get familiar with why the system is used

If go down the technical path you will have business/functional people use non-technical descriptions to explain their issue. Understanding their world a bit will help you translate

ADM* are the core SAP Basis course codes. Yes, security is classified as a subset of Basis Component but many people (myself included) separate Basis from Security or security is split into technical (system integration and connectivity) and functional/application (user, roles, auditing, risk, etc).

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I appreciate your response.

I already starting with the Overviews and current I got a video about BASIS 101 by Simon Richardsons which I am learning a lot.

So if in case I want the functional, I can take Security and go to functional/application field.

Would it be possible to learn and Connect Basis/Security into Functional?

Do you have any resource which I can start on self study or training? Any help would be pretty much appreciated!

Regards,
Ralf