Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo "Relocation of Complete Package" possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I by mistake used a transport type "Relocation of complete package" to make a single transport for around 40 transports for the ease of use.

And when i try to make new changes to my Z package, it says

I can only make changes in the local transport if i dont want to see the above screen.

Can this relocation be undone ? how can i restore the situation ?

Please help

Br

Nilesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I guess the easiest way to undo this is to update the source system of all the objects in these packages using SE03 (both in the source and the target system of your transport).

Not that when changing the object directory entries of multiple objects you can use the OK code MASS to perform a mass change of these objects.

Best,

Christian

4 REPLIES 4

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I guess the easiest way to undo this is to update the source system of all the objects in these packages using SE03 (both in the source and the target system of your transport).

Not that when changing the object directory entries of multiple objects you can use the OK code MASS to perform a mass change of these objects.

Best,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a ton ! This worked fine.

Br

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was too quick to reply.

I could change the source system on development server and continue making changes in the Z object but it didn't allow me to change it in the target system i.e. quality server.

Will this be a problem ?What can be done in this case ?

Br

Nilesh

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

after you changed the source system in the development system simply transport all objects to QS again. This should give you a warning during import of the transport request. However, you should still be able to import the transport request using the option "overwrite originals". After that the object directory entries in QS should also be fine again.

Christian