Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC | EPM - How to use active RFC Connection for function modules

ChristianSass
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a chance to use the active EPM RFC Connection to trigger function modules or anything else via VBA?

I've already done some research but I could not find anything it might be possible with BPC embedded since you can trigger planning functions

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you explain the business idea? What do yo want to trigger using VBA?

Just for the information it's possible to launch DM chain using VBA with parametrs passing to this chain. Inside chain you can launch script logic code with some badi etc...

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you please explain your requirement in more detail

Rohit

ChristianSass
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I've placed some logic in the "write_back" badi and I would like to control the behaviour of it.

Imagine two worksheets:

- In the first scenario I transfer some data on knots and I spread them by reference values.

- in the secound scenario on different worksheet I might plan the same accounts and also on knots but I want them to be spreaded after another logic.

So I thought of a table with a switch which is set before data handling. What I also need is the current user otherwise I could get some trouble when more the one user writes back data.

Chris

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

First of all it's absolutely bad idea to change calculation logic of write back badi based on worksheet. Your write back code has to work correctly independent on template or journal etc...

Try to explain your business scenario!

Vadim

P.S. As an exception in our system we use trigger to allow writing to some member. To set this trigger with use simple custom logic badi that will set SAP memory variable.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.P.S. Look on my answer here:

Trigger is user and session specific!