Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer smartform based on login language..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all experts ,

i am working on smartform now. Now i want to transfer text from one language into other language.

suppose let us thing i am implemented a one smartform in EN now i want to convert into DE. for this people give goto se63 do translate.

Now my questions are

1.In se63 we need to transfer language manually but i dont want like this. I need to translate text dynamically.

i mean if i log in EN the text should be display in EN. if i log in DE the text should be displayed in DE.

2.I want to print smartform based on the login language.

if i log in EN the smartform display in EN itself and if i log in DE same smartform shoul be displayed in DE.

For second questions some one told import NAST to smartform or import CONTROL_PARAMETER language to smartform

but both are not working. can any one help me please.

Thanks to all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want something like Google translate to be done dynamically for smart form ?

From theoretical point it is possible if you can use for example Microsoft Translator API

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/translatorapi.aspx

For more practical use see:

Regards .

5 REPLIES 5

former_member210541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use text modules in your form.

In the text modules you have the option to specify the language(sy-langu)

Just make sure your text exists in that language.

deepan_v_s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

1. If you translate the form using SE63, the the form will be displayed in translated.

i,e: if you have Translation for DE, then if the user is logged in DE, then the form will be displayed in DE. (Note this is while displaying the form Using Smartforms Tcode, not during Print Preview). If translation is not maintained, then The form will be displayed in Original Language. (In your case it's EN).

2. For printing the form in Logon language, as suggested earlier pass NAST parameters. NAST-SPRAS should be SY-LANGU. (While calling the form). This is usually passed by print program.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Deepan Swaminathan.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable replay, Deepan it is not work in smartform even you pass the NAST-SPRAS  i tried it....

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want something like Google translate to be done dynamically for smart form ?

From theoretical point it is possible if you can use for example Microsoft Translator API

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/translatorapi.aspx

For more practical use see:

Regards .

0 Kudos

ya its over with your link... thank u so much..