cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJS_Activate_content has cleared ENVIRONMENTSHELL - BPC NW 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on BPC 10.1 NW on HANA - SP03 - Classic Version.

While activating BPC, we were encountering a problem while accessing through web. To rectify this, we used the note: 1615644. We run the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT with selection "Clean the enviroment" and all other option checked. It executed without error. Post this,we did all the activation steps mentioned in the guide. However, we are not able to see any "EnviormentShell" info area or any BPC related cube in RSA1.

Now when we are re running program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT for Environmentshell, it is throwing the error: "Didn't find content for activating environmentshell". Looks like all the BPC objects are cleared/deactivated. Please suggest. Appreciate your help in resolving this. We have searched lots of SAP notes related to this but could not find any help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same issue and the instruction doesn't work.

0 Kudos

HI Rishikesh /Jerry,

I have executed this program many times in various systems in landscape. I have observed that for clearing the environment shell it does not require SAP_ALL, however while activating the content after you clear then you should have SAP_ALL. Make sure that you have following settings already made in your production client:

1. SAP_ALL to be added to the user ID performing activation step.

2. Client should be open for customization changes to allow(SCC4)

3. SE06 necessary objects of CPMB and other areas are in modified state.

Basically with out above three, you can observe the Activation Job log wont be complete.  The Job log will not show installation Jobs.ex: BI_INSTAXXXX, which means it is not bringing back the ENVIRONMENT shell objects /CPMB/ also the process chains under data collection for CPMB.

Sometime you get most of the objects, but for some reason the models or dimensions brought back in inactive state, so to solve this issue we need to trace any dependent object left in "unassigned" nodes in RSA1 transaction of BW system, and they appear in inactive state. Hence , once we activate the inactive objects in Unassigned nodes, the main objects will be activated. The explanation goes lengthy based on the problem we face. However the above are some of the points we can consider while activating the content.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

I just checked all the three points in your email and it looks like that all the settings are the same as those in your email.

I encountered this issue when I tried to activate BPC in after the S4 was installed. Now I have tried tens of times to reactivate BPC but it looks like that the Environementshell really was cleared after I clear the Environmentshell. When I go to SE16 and try to find the max number of REQNO, I only got the items with Environmentshell as in the attached, it was fewer than I saw in the other system.

By the way, it is the second time I activate the BPC under S4, the first time I got the same issue but I just follow the note 1615644 and it worked.

Not sure which part was messed up. I probably need to ask BASIS if I can start over,or I would report a message instead.

Again, thank you for your kind reply

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

1. se38 then UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT tick clean environment
  2. goto se16, look at table UJT_TRANS_OBJECT
  3. field APPSET_ID type in ENVIRONMENTSHELL
  4. get REQNO
  5. se38 then UJT_AFTER_FAIL_PROCESS then run
  6. Environment is ENVIRONMENTSHELL
  7. Request is the number you got from REQNO
  8. run the program
  9. se38 then UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT type in ENVIRONMENTSHELL and only tick Activate Environment

Andy

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

1) Run UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT  by selecting one option - " Clean the Environment".

2) Run UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT  by selecting one option "Activate Environment".

Shrikant