cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorecard re-sizing (shrink) issue at run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have designed scorecard component to show value and alerts for 20 KPIs. Dashboard opens properly in BI Launchpad if it opens as new tab. If I change preference in Launchpad, set document viewing location in multiple full screen browser then I see a row gap at the end and noticed scorecard shriks. Can we freeze the size of scorecard so the look will be same in any resolution? Please advise.

Tech: SAP dashboard 4.1 SP5.

Thanks,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its up-to do the trail and error method, I have created a test dashboard with scorecard which is works perfectly in IE normal and full-screen, but same doesn't happens in chrome. so better do some test case and try for the best resolution to fit component.

Preview in IE:

Preview in Chrome:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

Its hard to comment anything on resolution. Even I am facing this issue when working with Scorecard.

1) Whenever I face this issue, I make sure I keep small row gap in Scorecard design, so that even if there is small  resolution change that will be managed.

2) Also please check your BI Lunch Pad Resolution and Desktop where dashboard is getting designed. We need to have same aspect ratio on both device.

Regards,

Sushil Padhye

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your experience. I could achieved success to most extent by hard coding one of the field (KPI Description) of Dashboard (as earlier all the contents are coming from query). However, I see now the blank row at the end of scorecard is not coming for below resolutions

Laptop - 1440 x 900

LCD Monitor - 1920 x 1080

However, setting up LCD monitor resolution to 1600x900 will add blank row though the aspect ration is same. Again the same issue comes when setting up LCD monitor resolution same as Laptop resolution. 

I am not sure if the screen size behaves differently for same resolution. Please share your experience and let me know if you have any solution to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

The dashboard is an SWF which loads as per the browser viewing preferences.

As we know that Chrome as lesser number of Tool Bars than IE, it has a bigger area to load embedded objects.

For such issues, you are recommended to check the output file in the intended browsers. Specifically talking about Scorecard, make sure that you give larger numbers to size of columns.

Regards,

Tejas Tamhane