cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order: Start Date in Past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question about planned orders (Order Type - VP) with start date in past. As per the configuration (MRP parameters and OPU5) setup we don't allow planned orders to have their start date in past. This works good on planned orders created for the make to stock(VSF) scenario. Whereas the same doesn't work on planned orders created for the material with strategy group - 52 (Requirement Type - VSE).

Is this something that is very much common ?

Note: I know these orders aren't real and would need a sales order to trigger production or procurement but do we have any setup to switch these orders back to forward scheduling.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Planned orde type VP has a very special design. It is used to cover PIRs for some specific planning strategies, such as planning withour final assembly, and this planned order is not convertible.

The purpose of this planned order is only to pass the requirements for the components and when a sales order is created and consume this PIR, the VP planned order will be converted into a  standard planned order.

In order to be able to match the planned order and PIR during the conversion, the planned order dates must match the PIR dates, it means that, in this specific case, MRP is allowed to override the OPU5 customizing and start in the past.

Since this planned order is not convertible, it should not cause any further problems.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks a lot for the information.

This could be a kind of silly question: Is there a possibility to override this functionality ? We get multiple requests from the client saying they don't want to see any MRP elements dated in the past. (We did suggest using forecast adjustments but they aren't much interested in having that done).

Regards,

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It could be even possible using a BAdI, but I would not recommend that.

Changing the date of the planned order would affect the PIR consumption when the sales order is created. That means, during the creation of the sales order, system would not find the VP planned order assigned to the PIR and it could lead to inconsistencies on your system.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Do you MRP group settings that are maintained with reference to Strategy groups ? Check in transaction OPPR if start date in past maintained for strategy group with requirement type VSE and if this MRP group is maintained in mateiral master of the given mateiral.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thanks a lot for your response.

No,i didn't have any strategy groups maintained in the MRP group configuration.

Regards,

Rahul