Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Reporting: BW: DataSource <SAP HANA VDM DS name> is not replicated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I hope I'm in the right place for my question as follows:

I'm currently activating SAP Best Practices for CRM 7.0 EHP3 and I'm stuck with the activation of CRM Interactive Reporting (Building Block C41).

I arrived at the step where the Configuration Wizard (Tx /CRMBW/CONFIG_WIZARD) checks the configuration I made so far for Interactive Reporting and tells me if all the single configuration steps and settings have been completed successfully.

And currently, it keeps giving me the following error messages:

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_CAMPAIGN_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_COMPLAINT_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_CONT_TRACK_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_LEAD_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_OPPTY_ITEM_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SLS_CONTRACT_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SLS_ORDER_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SLS_QUOTATION_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SRV_ORDER_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SRV_PROBLEM_VDM is not replicated

BW: DataSource /CRMBW/OLTP_SRV_REQUEST_VDM is not replicated

BW: Interactive reporting DataSources: delivered 101, replicated 89

But since I'm not on a SAP HANA based CRM system and have also deactivated the corresponding Business Function switch (Tx SFW5) CRM_ANA_VDM, I don't really understand why the system is even raising these *_VDM DataSource related error messages. I'd expect it to detect that this is not a SAP HANA CRM system and just skip the checks regarding SAP HANA VDM DataSources.

Since I've been facing this problem for a few days now, I already tried lots of different things to fix it (e.g. activating reports/report areas again and again (Tx ORDYWB), trying lots of different things in the DW Workbench (Tx RSA1)) but to no avail. The Wizard keeps raising these errors.

So I hope that you guys have some good advice and good hints for me as how to get rid of these error messages so I can complete C41 (CRM Interactive Reporting) activation and continue the CRM Best Practices setup.

Every answer is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

best regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

grace_xin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

As you know, the errors that you see like "BW: DataSource /CRMBW/XXXXXXX_VDM is not replicated" is related to new report areas based on HANA, if you intend to use them, please check the pre-requisites in the below link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crmhana/helpdata/en/e3/c9b45527384a46abb6d60e016a9fe2/content.htm

If you do not want to use them, kindly ignore the errors and continue to use the classic interactive reporting in your system. I hope it clarifies your doubts.

Best Regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

thanks a lot for your reply! It's really helpful to me. 🙂

So you're saying that I should not worry about these errors and just continue to set up CRM Interactive Reporting?

I'm asking because so far it was my understanding that as long as the Configuration Wizard (Tx /CRMBW/CONFIG_WIZARD) keeps giving me error messages, CRM Interactive Reporting has not been set up correctly and the setup cannot be completed. So I thought my goal should be to resolve all these errors and get rid of the error messages, i.e. the goal should be that the Wizard runs through all the settings, checks them and marks everything in green which means the setup is correct and does not give me red lines anymore.

My impression is also that as long as the Wizard runs into certain error situations while performing its checks, it just stops checking and does not complete its checks.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks & best regards,

Alex

grace_xin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you want to resolve the errors, please refer to the following thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3782360

Varma managed to clear the errors by assigning Infosource to those datasources and re-activating them.

Best Regards,
Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

thanks for pointing me at Jay's thread. The information given there was also really helpful to me.

But although I carefully read the entire thread and followed the recommendations on how to solve the issue, I was not able to ultimately solve the issue. The Configuration Wizard keeps giving me the error messages I described above.

So I've posted a reply to one of Jay's messages in the other thread. Hope I'll receive some more detailed useful replies so I can make progress on this issue soon.

Thanks a lot for your help so far!

best regards,

Alex

Answers (0)