Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mrp dates

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found all the planned order dates in MD04 are the first work day.

How can I make them to another date, for example 15th or the middle of the month.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thx guys for your reply

but still this is not the point,

the issue into 2 words is I dont want to enter the month with all requirements produced I want to produce the half of quantity during the month of the requirement 

I heard about distribution key (GLEI key ) can any one explain how to use for my issue ?

thanks in advance

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano ;

I am sorry for bothering you but if you go up you will find that I am asking my question well using an example also ! and I also spend time in search that I found a solution with " distribution key " which I mentioned above .

You answer me a few minutes ago that there is no solution , so I replied you thinking that you read my above comments that I actually found the solution with this distribution key but still I don't know how to deal with it (distribution Key and Strategy )and for that I ask for help.any way thank you for you time and I am sorry for bothering you.

concerning my old threads I don't know that I must close it until you told me now , so I will do.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amal

I'm not the one who can decide which thread should be closed. I can only see that you have already opened 32 threads and that most of them have at least one answer (most of them more than one). However, only two threads were closed.

I suggest you to review your old threads and check for which them the issue has been resolved. In this case, you should close the thread. Please follow the instructions from the blog .

This thread is an example. If you found the solution with the distribution key, you can close the thread, so that another users (like me) stop answering.

BR
Caetano

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if u can help with explained document if u have , i will be very thankfull

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amal

As I already mentioned, you will find a lot of information about the PIR split on SCN and SAP Help.

I suggest you to do your homework and do some research by yourself before asking questions on a thread.

Please also read the excellent blog .

BR
Caetano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Moreover, I was checking your old threads and most of them were answered, however, they are still open.

When you get a solution for your issue, you should close your threads. If you keep your threads open, without giving any kind of feedback or selecting the correct and helpful answers, SNC users will not be willing to answer your threads anymore.

Therefore, please be a responsible SCN user and close your old threads for which you got an answer.

The blow provides more details.

BR
Caetano

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano ;

actually I read a way to split the PIR using the distribution key , but I still search how to use it!

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can split your PIRs using transaction MD67. If you research on SCN you will find several threads where this kind of issue was discussed. Also check on SAP Help for more information.

BR
Caetano

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any help plz

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It is a basic demand management pre-requisite that the planned independent requirements are placed on the first working day of the period. If you are using the period month to create PIRs, they will always be created on the first working day of the month. Changing that  may lead to side-effects on the PIR consumption or duplication of quantities. You can find more information on note 339043.

If you want to place your PIR on a different date, then you must use a different period, such as week.

BR
Caetano

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found this definition in my search :

Distribution function gives you the percentage of the quantity to be produced after a percentage of the production time has elapsed.

So I think is what I need but I dont know how to define the distribution Key and Strategy to fit my requirement .

plz help

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

weekly lot size divide my planned orders but still i will enter the week with all qty .

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamal,

Sorry I did not read your example completely please ignore my earlier reply.

You can achieve your requirement with Overlapping in OMI4 configuration and Takt time.

Please read SAP help document for further guidance Lot Sizes with Splitting and Overlapping - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

BR
KK

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I use Monthly lot size but this is not my issue,  let me explain with example

i enter my plan on monthly basis say

10/2015     11/2015     12/2015

1000          500                  2000

so when i run my MRP a pl o will be created with this dates

1.10.2015       Pl.O      with 1000

1.11.2015     Pl.O      with  500

1.12.2015     PL.O     with 2000

this mean i will enter each month with the total qty needed for this month my issue is how to make planned order split to enter the month with the half of the qty and have other pl in the middle of the month , I mean

1.10.2015          PL.O           with 500

15.10.2015        PL.O           with 500

1.11.2015          PL.O           with 250

15.11.2015        PL.O           with 250

1.12.2015          PL.O           with 1000

15.12.2015         PL.O           with 1000

I hope i clearly explain my case

plz any help ?

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamal,

You can use Weekly lot size with number of periods as 2.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please create a new lot size with overlapping as per your requirement (i assume overlap in future should do) and Split Quota set.

In material master, please maintain the Takt time. I your case it has to be 12 days, assuming 6 day working calender. Maintain the maxiumum lot size.

Your issue will be resolved. Let us know if u face any issue.

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the lot sizing procedure that you use ?

You can explore periodic lot sizing procedures with a planning calendar in MRP 2 view to meet your requirement.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.