SAP for Wholesale Distribution Discussions
Orchestrate conversations about inventory management, logistics optimization, and streamlined customer service in wholesale distribution using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Forecasting and MRP

joe_walsh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi.  I have a prospect in the UK who imports product from China and distributes within the UK.  He requires SAP B1 but need good product forecasting.  He will import forecasts from spreadsheets provided by his customers. He will want to produce procurement recommendations (purchase request) or actual purchase orders.  He will want to see expected deliveries based on supplier due delivery dates. 

He also wants to produce procurement recommendations based in historic stock movements e.g. average sales, taking into account existing stock levels and quantities of stock already on purchase orders.

I hope this is enough information. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

I am not certain of the capabilities of SAP B1 regarding replenishment and use of forecasts.  However, if you consider that the prospect might be interested in ECC, you can import Planned Independent Requirements via a spreadsheet using a BAPI, although there may be limited flexibility on format.  Planned Independent Requirements can then be used by MRP to create purchase requisitions or purchase orders.

For this kind of question is often best to follow up with a SAP consultant who can delve into the details a bit more.

Tim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

I am not certain of the capabilities of SAP B1 regarding replenishment and use of forecasts.  However, if you consider that the prospect might be interested in ECC, you can import Planned Independent Requirements via a spreadsheet using a BAPI, although there may be limited flexibility on format.  Planned Independent Requirements can then be used by MRP to create purchase requisitions or purchase orders.

For this kind of question is often best to follow up with a SAP consultant who can delve into the details a bit more.

Tim

0 Kudos

HI Tim

Many thanks for your input.  That sounds like a good plan if there aren't any partner add-ons out there.  The customer will most likely need a higher level of functionality in the forecasting solution, but at least I have a good option to begin with. 

Joe