cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal Phase for implementing the SAP BPC

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

what is the ideal phase for implementing SAP BPC?

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Generally in any BPC Implementation Project we have things like below

1) Business Blue Print (Requirements gathering like Dimensions and Properties required, Reports and Input Schedules required, etc.)

2) Realization (Development phase)

3) Testing (Training to End Users, User Acceptance Testing)

4) Realization or Go-Live (Production phase)

Khokan

0 Kudos

Hi Khokan,

Thanks for your reply,

since Bpc(not stand alone) is dependant on ECC/BW Database, what Phase in SAP ECC implementation can we actually consider implementing sap bpc ?

KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Actually all real time actual data are maintained to ECC system and for BPC planning we need actual data for actual vs plan comparison .So the data flow would be, as mentioned ECC -> BW -> BPC.With regards to the modules, it all depends on the nature of your planning process. It can come from CO / HCM / SD / MM/FI, and so on. The list can be never ending. First we identify from which module the data should come. This decision has to be done precisely and carefully; since data is very important aspect. Once we have identified the area, we need to get in touch with the people who are working on that module (preferably both functional and technical). Tell them what kind of data is required. They should be able to identify the ECC tables.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

From my experience, if we will follow "Agile Methodology" to implement our BPC Project, then  we will achieve best outcome.

But there are many challenges to follow "Agile Methodology", So it mostly depends which process you want to follow. If you like to follow the conventional 'Waterfall Model', then whatever Khokan mentioned that is correct. I just want to add few more points to his comment:

When we implement BPC there are three different scenarios(I faced):

1. Scenario 1: Standalone BPC

2. Implementation of SAP ECC/ BW/BPC

i. Scenario 2: Implementation SAP BPC starts after implementation of ECC (Partial/Full)

ii. Scenario 3: Simultaneous Implementation of SAP BPC and ECC

Scenario 1:

There are few clients who just want to implement only only SAP BPC, rest of their data are in some non-SAP systems.

In this scenario, we don't have any dependency on any other SAP tools. So  we can follow the steps mentioned by Khokan in his 1st reply.

The only thing is during the Blue print phase, if we found the data complexity of the source system (NON_SAP system) is high, then it's advisable to use SAP BW structures like DSO/Cube etc. to simplify the non-sap source data based on the desired structure of SAP BPC.

Scenario 2 / Scenario 3:

Here the each phase of BPC implementation has some dependency on ECC, So if its

• it's scenario 2, that means Implementation of ECC is almost completed, so we can at least say that we know the structure of the final outcome of ECC data. So based on that we can easily build our BW structure to format the data based on out SAP BPC.

So for Scenario 2, we can follow the similar phases of Scenario 1.

• But if it's scenario 3,  then complexity is high as we don't have confirmation on outcome of data structure of ECC. So here it's better to wait, at least till the Blueprint phase of ECC is complete. So that we will be to discuss with ECC team to fix some assumptions for our (BPC) blueprint document.

Thanks,

Shub

0 Kudos

Thanks shubhranshu patra for a detailed reply. helped a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna you are most welcome. If you feel it's a helpful answer, then can you please mark my last reply as "Helpful Answer".