Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Authorization on Particular SAP Menu

Yasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to give Full Authorization on Particular SAP Menu at one shot
like for example i need to give one user FULL and complete access to SAP menu:
Logistics ==> Customer Service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

build a role in PFCG using copy menu and import the menu

you still need to maintain the authorisations

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

build a role in PFCG using copy menu and import the menu

you still need to maintain the authorisations

Yasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleen

Even if i want to give full authorization for that menu !? i know hot to copy menu this is not my problem

my problem is it will too hard to maintain authorization for hundreds of transactions.

0 Kudos

Hi Yaso

My first question is why do you need to build such a role? If you are building production roles for entire menu then this calls out Segregation of Duties issues

The reality is yes it is hard to maintain PFCG authorization as the empty proposals are based on SU24 data.

The hard piece of security is not using PFCG. It's knowing what to maintain in it. It sounds like you just want to tick and click away until everything flags green without any appreciation to the business risks.

If you are just trying to get something up and running, or non production space, etc the creative way is to save the profile with empty proposals. Afterward, download the role and maintain asterisk for the values via XLS/notepad. Afterwards upload your role and then generate the profile.

However, mass updating with asterisk will:

1. In some areas give you more permissions than necessary for that part of the menu
  2. In other transactions, give you insufficient if SU24 has not proposed the authorisation that you need

There is no "fast" way to do what you are trying to do. Please consider your actual requirements.

Regards

Colleen