cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Enterprise wipe"of Android for Work device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afaria experts,

How is it possible to "Enterprise Wipe" an Android for Work device in Mobile Secure/Afaria?

I dont want to completely wipe the device - all I want is to remove the Android for Work Policies, so all the AfW Apps are getting removed from the mobile device.

Thank you

Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushmitha,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to unlink the AfW Policy from the Android device, I did several "Apply policies" and of course waited a long time for any results.

But unfortuantely the "Work profile" stayed on the device. I had to manually remove it from the Android Settings to make the AfW Apps beeing removed from the device.

Any other ideas?

Or did SAP forget to think about how to remove that profile?

br

Ernst

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Select the Android device in Afaria Admin console, click on Delete Device Data and click Yes. This should remove the managed profile and managed applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mirco,

Thank you for your hint - it worked! I was little "afraid" to press that button, because Afaria wipes the device completely, when "Delete Device Data" is beeing pushed and Android for Work is not installed.

Thank you

Ernst

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ernst,

You can unlink the AFW policy from the group in which the devices are residing in from Admin console. This will remove the AFW policies from the device automatically.

Try this and do let us know the result.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha