Franc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Franc

only one add on. May be I "missed" a little bit your issue.

You need to differentiate between these terms:

1.) Change documents

2.) Change Pointers

3.) Change Numbers

They are not the same. Transaction CC02 is more related to "Change numbers". You can not ! compare the terms ! They do have completely different business benefit.

Only in very rare cases you use normally in the daily business "Change numbers" If you are interested to learn about their use: e.g. check: Specifying Key Dates and Change Numbers - Specification Management (EHS-BD-SPE) - SAP Library

and Engineering Change Management for Specifications - Specification Management (EHS-BD-SPE) - SAP Libra...

As I have tried to explain: it is not ! possible to create change numbers per "property". They are valid for the whole object (in this case specification key).

YOU SHOULD USE CHANGE NUMBERS ONLY AND REALLY ONLY IF YOU UNDERSTAND THEIR PURPOSE AND USE !!

If you are interested to use them: may be read:

The "incorrect" use of change numbers will give you trouble in daily use of EHS.

Therefore for short: any change is "documented" in EHS (this is done by a "change document"; the change numbers can be used to maintain e.g. data in the "future" which must be valid starting from a specific point in time. This is no "change recording" (as the change is "recorded" using change documents).

I hope this helps

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Change control will be on the spec not on the property level. Like more control on the header data, not on the property level.

Even if you select the objects spec, dg or other it wont work for PT.

I think CB provide more info on it, please try to explore more on change number.

--

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Franc

you do not have the correct understanding about the "change" management part in CG02.

As a starter: please read this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59422

and SAP online help (e.g.; Creation of Change Documents for Specifications - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library ). The topic of "change documents" is explained there. Short story is: don't think on "property type" level. EHS is doing all the stuff in "one" run (for any type of property, identifier etc.).

You will find threads as:

or:

But the number of threads is "limited".

C.B.

PS: may be check as well: