Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 Landing page - Chip translation?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Does anyone know where the translation files for the chips are stored?

Not the content - (the ui5 app) but the header on the CHIP itself?

Is it possible to change the header somewhere?

Br Ronni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chhaya!

Yes i can help you!

You have to do the following to translate the title on the chip:

1. Start transaction SE63.

2. Choose Translation->ABAP Objects->Transportation Objects

3. In the Transport Object field, enter the following:

R3TR WDCC <CONFIG_ID> e.g. ZCUSTOMER_MYINFO       09   ( you can search the name out in se84)

4. Select the required source and target languages.

5. Choose Edit.

6. Expand the <TLGS> Lockable Logical Objects (Short Texts) node.

7. Select the entry with table WDY_CONFIG_COMPT.

8. This takes you to the standard translation environment where you

can change the texts as needed.

After this - you have to do something quite unusual - you have to logon in the Language that you translated the text to - and then run this report:

/UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE

So - if you translate your own chip to lets say Danish

then you have to logon to your system with Danish as language and then run the report.

Then it will work.

-- strange - but it works.

br Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

Thanks for such detailed explanation.

Can you please give me information about: which kind of application: ZCUSTOMER_MYINFO  is?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes - it is a WDA Component Configuration
The above example is my own implemenation - but for the SAP delivered the principle is the same:

br

Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again your hint was v much helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member : Any clue on this.. Am stuck on same.. I am able to do translation by following below step:

1. Login with developer user in Language you want to translate.

2. Go to tcode: /ui2/chip

3. Change display name and save in a TR

But, this is changing English language as well (I think this is because my developer id is having EN lang. Not sure though?). Also, few chips are configured directly through Admin page. For which am unable to find GUID.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Chhaya

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you want change the header name of the chip or something else ?

can you place the screen shot for more clear of your requirement.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar!

Sure - let me show you what i mean

This is the chip (we made our selves - by copying the my info chip)...

The chip is configured here:

and we changed the My Info2 to MyInfo when i added the chip inte page builder administrator:

But because we added the CHIP in english - we can also only change the langugage in english.

I have tried to logon to the suite pagebuilder with another language - but this give me an error.

The other (sap standard ) chips seems to be translated somehow - just wondering where this place might me

br Ronni

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can read here

2128706 - Copying of UI5 applications and translations Tables /UI5/TREP_FILES, /UI5/TREP_TEXT, /UI5/TREP_TEXT_T To verify if the SAPUI5 Text Repository is used, look into the default properties file, if the first line contains "# SAPUI5 Translation-Key" and a GUID, the SAPUI5 Text Repository is supposed to be used. In that case the translated texts are stored in database table in the ABAP backend and not in text properties file with language extension, which are stored in the application itself. Table /UI5/TREP_TEXT contains the texts for respective i18n.properties did You execute report /UI5/TEXT_FILE_SAP_UPDATE for application HRESS_MY_INFO_G, HRESS_EMP_PRO_G, HRESS_PAYSLIP_G, HRESS_MYSRV_G? after making changes?

refer this blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2013/09/25/i18n-of-sapui5-application

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth!
Thanks for your reply!
I have read the blog you refer to - and i do get the point about the translation "inside" the chip. ie. the chip content.

But what about the chip TITLE?

that is - the thing shown in the chip "frame"? - how to change this title?

br Ronni

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you try in SPB admin page and change the text there?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth!
Thanks for getting back to me.

That was my first try.
I tried to change the text in the "CONF" Context. But it gave me an error in the odata service - stating that i couldn't change the language with sap-language=PL - because it was created in EN

Like this:

You cannot change Page in language da. Original language: en - {"requestUri":"/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF/PageChipInstances

br Ronni

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you try in original language?

The tiles can be changed either from the SPB admin page(apply’ s to all the end users) or from the SPB Landing Page(apply’ s only to that particular user). Steps to change the chip title from the SPB Admin page:

1) Launch the SPB admin page.

2) Click on the catalog

3) After that select the one chip.

4) You will get an option at the right top(highlighted in the below screenshot) to edit the chip title.

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth!

Its no problem to change the name in the original language - but my problem is that the title should be different for all the languages ie.. EN, DA, PO etc.

if i logon to the SPB admin in the org language (EN) then it will be that language for all the other languages.

But the "orginial" chips seems to be language aware...

br Ronni