cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 MS - can't send data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're continuing working throught the migration from 7.5 and most of our reports are working with some failing that we'll look into either converting or altering the EVDRE structure.  However we've hit a new snag in that input forms are not sending data.  Even if we try a simple EPM query and try to send data the server seems to be trying to do something but Excel just locks up and we have to halt the process from Windows Task Manager.

I can send data from a copy of Environment Shell without issue so I believe this is due to us converting to SQL 2012 at the same time.  We've followed note 1707410 to the best of my knowledge and we're not having problems with the packages now so importing data works.  However input forms are not.

We're on 10.0.18.0 with a main server and one app server.  Not exactly sure on all the installations but I believe we have SQL Enterprise on the database server but not on the app server.

Thanks,
Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

The first step is to find out where the things get stuck.

Since you are saying sending from EnvironmnetShell works fine that tells me the system is fine and the issue is specific to you Environment / Appset.

The first step would be to verify whether you have and Default Logic enabled for that Model and if you do remove the logic and see if that makes a difference.

Also - please review this article (it's written for BPC 7.5 but the same applies to BPC 10) and find out if these tables get populated at all.

Clearing these tables and restarting the SendGovernor service may resolve the issue.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

We tried in a simple model which didn't have any default logic assigned to it.

Which article are you referring to?

I was thinking about talking to our IT dept about restarting the SendGovernor but if it works for EnvironmentShell would it make a difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for missing your reply.

It looks like the forums are now stripping out URL links so my post got the link removed but I didn't see it until now.

It's in SAP note 1722432

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was aware of the lock tables but hadn't gone into the sg ones.  Good to know.

A reboot fixed the problem but looks like restarting the service may have done the trick as well.

Thanks for your responses!

Answers (0)