cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate *.rpt report from Oracle DBS to MS SQL DBS (II)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I receive the following Crystal errors (in the order displayed) if I try to execute my *.rpt files via a Crystal application after I have migrated from Oracle DBS v11.2 to MS SQL DBS v2012SP1:

1. Crystal Report Print Engine error: 510

2. Crystal Report Print Engine error: 536

3. Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

Directly in Crystal Report 2008 I can execute the report. I have also changed the "Oracle" datasource to the new "MS SQL" datasource. I also log off the "Oracle" datasource. But my individual Crystal application does generate the errors above.

It is not the error of the following question I have asked:

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When setting the logon parameters in your code, are you setting both the server and the database?  For an Oracle connection you only need to set one of them (server, I think) for MS SQL Server you need to set both - Server is the name of the machine or the cluster, Database is the name of the specific database on that server.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dell,

thank you for your answer! Yes, for MS SQL there is a datasource, a login user and a database name.

The solution was in the configuration of my application. Since my MS SQL table names are all lower case I deactivated a parameter which set all tables to upper case. So, the reports can be generated again.

Bye Daniel

Answers (0)