Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO UoM question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I need help with maintaining alternate UoMs in APO product master

My base UoM is LBS and I have to maintain an alternate UoM RC which is equal to 210,000 LBS. Since my AUOM is exceeding the max character length of 5 I am unable to maintain the AUoM. To do this, I am maintaing a AUoM of KT which equals to 1000LBS and then I am trying to maintain another AUoM as 1RC = 210KT. However, I am unable to maintain 1RC=210 KT as my BUoM is LBS and the field is greyed out in APO and I cannot choose KT for the third line 1RC=210 KT. Please advice. Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MIK APO,

As far as I remember, that column of "Base UOM" is always Grayed Out and it gets the value same as Base UoM from Header of Product Master.

Please see if there is better Base UoM which can be maintained for this Product.  If Business likes to deal with UoM = RC or KT, then it makes sense to use either of those as Base UoM instead of LBS. Please check on this.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Thanks for the advice but there are only few products that we want to do this for as part of our change order heuristics enhancement on the planning board. The standard heuristics will let us change the order quantity in base UoM. We have specific requirement to be able to have RC as the UoM when this heuristics is called for some products. We are going to create a custom table to meet this requirement as we couldnt maintain RC as AUoM

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MIK APO

May be you will have to explore Custom ABAP Code option.  Please check table /SAPAPO/MARM  Field Name - UMREZ.  Refer below screenshot - it shows the field has Data Type = Decimal with length as 5. Somehow you will have to extend the field length.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Thanks. I will look into this and get back if I have a solution

Thank you for your help