cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get connection for connection(<BI Server>) Using session Locale[English]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem creating a new OLAP connection on CMC. When i do all the steps and type the user, the system gives me this message:

How i can solve this? Thank you very much for the help that can give me.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Assign the user SAP_ALL role, run the SIA with a local Admin account and check the issue.
What is locale you are using check in preferences?

Regards,
Medha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You solved my problem. Thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please have a look at Central Management Console 4.0: Create OLAP Connections to BW

Following screenshot is from same.

Just to help you

Vizit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Check this official SAP KBA about it.

1581393 - BI4.x How To Create An OLAP Connection from the CMC

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
István

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate your issue with your version and data source details. Look like you are still using XIR2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. I forgot that. My sistem is BI 4.0 SP5 Patch 3.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Which data source are your reporting off? Did you tried to connect via other tool such as IDT to your OLAP data source?

Thanks,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm reporting society, market and another stuff. I tried connect from Sap Dashboard and Analysis for MS Excel and i can't because the connection to the cube can't be created.

When i press "Connect" and write my user like in the first post, that error don't let me save the option to use the connection in others applications. Sorry for my english. I hope I explained. Thanks for the help.

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

you are trying to connect the BW or any other DB?

you cross check your user-id having full access rights

Alternate option you can try to create the connection through IDT and try to publish into CMC, in the IDT itself you can cross check the connectivity using the DB user-id and password.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji. Thanks for your answer. I'm trying to connect to BW. I have all the access rights. Is the first time that this happen to me. Another suggestion besides the connection of IDT?

Regards.

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

IDT option is an alternate one, from there you can enter all the server and BW user id details and you can test the connection, then you can export/publish to CMC, Are you tried using IDT?

regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer. This client only use Bex Query Designer.

Regards.