cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report taking really long when there is a subreport in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Crystal Report with many sub reports in it. It consists of stored procedures. When I try to schedule it from our Dev environment it works fine. But when executed from Prod it takes really long time to finish. The database(SQL Server) for both the environments is same.

When I look in SQL Profiler while executing from Prod it runs all the suppressed sub-reports as compared to DEV.

I talked to SAP Support and they couldn't figure out yet.

Any one has faced this issue.

Thanks

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your dev and prod system on the same version?

How did your transfer from dev to prod system the report?

If you reporting off from the same data source (ODBC, OLEDB, JDBC) please compare the data sources definition in dev and prod. Is there the same SQL SERVER driver versions are installed? 

Also would be an important information, that the dev and prod have the same architeture?

Try to re-publish the report from Crystal Designer to the prod system, and shedule it again and see the results.

Thanks,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janos,

Thanks!! Everything is same. Same odbc and same sql server version. But somehow when scheduled from Prod it runs the sub-reports and takes forever. I publishing the report from Crystal as well. No luck there.

Ashish

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we try to compare the server metrics (properties) of your Crystal servers in both and Dev & Prod. environments, Since you are accessing the same database from two databases. You can make use of BI Platform support tool if you are in BI 4.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank!! I did that as well. Everything is same. Infact I created a new BO Server and tried the report with only one sub-report and it runs the sub-report when scheduled from there as compared from DEV Box. Everything is same.