cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.2 - How to start a Job ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts  - We are currently in BODS 4.2 and is there a way we can trigger a job from a failed step with out opening the designer ?  If there are 10 Connected workflows and if the third one failed , We would like to start the job from the thrid and we dont want to run one and 2 .

Managment console also not an option   any scripts ?

Thanks,
Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do this for all my DWH loading jobs:

• Use a control table to record job progress. When a job starts, run a script to add a new line into that table, indicate all steps (work flows) failed. When a step succeeds, update the control table.
  • Make each job step conditional, check the control table contents to see if a step was successful or not. 2 possibiliyies:
    • The previous job run was successful. Execute all steps. It's the next run anyway now, isn't it?
    • The previous job run was not successful.Only execute the "failed" steps (i.e. the one that really failed and all of its successors).
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I agreed with what Dirk said, Use Try Catch block inside the workflows to catch the the failure status which can be logged into your control table.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arun,

You set the enable recovery option before executing the job in this case.

For more details you go through recovery mechanism in the designer guide.

Also you can setup scripts and tables to tag status of each workflow, based on that the decision to execute only on the failed workflow can be taken.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep - Thanks , Can you give some more details on how to get it done through scripts and tables to tag status ?

Thanks,

Arun.