cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding description field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In the notification screen we have symptom code, text, cause code, cause text, coding and description

My client wants to change the description of coding to problem code and description to problem text.

I changed the description of coding to problem code by changing the description of catalog code in configuration. But I did not a place to change the description to problem text.

Please provide your valuable feedback.

Regards,

Smart Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Smart,

As far as the reasonability of client's requirement is concerned, it should stop at certain limit., like present one. Secondly, often we confuse about the client requirement. Mostly what happens is that he wants to see these changed filed names in the reports like IW28. Confirm that and if it is so in this case too, then get one custom report developed for him with custom column names. It is a simplest job for ABAPer. Or you can do it yourself with a simple Infoset query (if you know), where these field names can be changed. I had such requirement in this area where I developed ZIW28 through Infoset query using tables VIQMEL, CRHD, QPCT.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Smart,

Perhaps this is not possible.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Possible thru ABAP?

Regards,

Smart

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be possible through Implicit Enhancement in program SAPLIQS0. Looks not an easy one to discover. Your ABAPer may try.