cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Group not showing in CL20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MM Experts,

I had amended the description of 3C2 purchasing group SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Create Purchase Group.. but the amended value of purch. group is not showing in CL02 or CL20N.

Amended value showing in PR & POs.

Please advise.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st remove the purchasing group 3C2 from Release characteristics PO_PURGROUP and save with t.code:CT04

Now again add purchasing group 3C2 in Release characteristics PO_PURGROUP and save with  t.code:CT04

See Release characteristics PO_PURGROUP is there  in Release Class PO_REL and just go for change mode by adding . to the release class description and save again t.code:CL02

Now  check in t.code: CL24N or CL20N - you can find appearance of your amended description of 3C2 purchasing group as Sanjeev K Singh

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much, Issue resolved following your advise, changed the description in CT04.

Thanks you all for your valuable advise.

Regards,

Avinash

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you should close your discussion. Need help regarding that, look into this blog post How to close a discussion and why | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attaching screen shot of CL02, CL20n & ME22N. you can find the description of 3C1 is not changed but the changes showing in PO screen.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about a screenshot from CT04 which shows the tabs values and additional data

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no charchtersic value sowing related to purchasing group in CT04.

rgds

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why does one who needs desperately help just answer 1/2 of a question?

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't change this description from this screen (CL02-double click on characteristics).

You need to open this characteristics in a separate session.

Just go to transaction code CT04, and enter characteristics as PO_PURGROUP. Then click edit, then click 'Values' tab and change the description of this purchase group.

Then you can see the same in CL20N.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ammended descripn will not flown into the CL02 .You need to ammend in the Char values too .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sai,

I am not able to amend the description of char value 3C2 in CL02 as fields are gray in Prod.

In development PO_PURGROUP characterstic is not created in PO_REL class so no value is created in develpment.

Pls. advise how to amend the Char value.

Regards,

Aviansh

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally CL02 and CT04 are master data entries and please ask your basis to get them in change mode

Regards,

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the path: OLME - Release Procedure for Purchase Orders - Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders - Release Groups and find the release class assigned to the group.

Now, go to CL02 and insert the release class and go to characteristics tab and find the characteristics for purchase group assigned to the class. Now, go to CT04 and check the characteristics values as explained in my first comment.

Regards,

AKPT

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add amended description of 3C2 purchasing group to Release characteristics in t.code:CT04 and then add the new value of Release characteristics to Release Class in t.code:CL02 and save.

Now  check in t.code: CL24N or CL20N - you can find your amended description of 3C2 purchasing group.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Barik,

Thanks fo update but i am not getting any charaterstic in CT04 where I can change the description of purchasing group (3C2). Pls. note changed description is showing in PO, but not showing in CL20n AND CL02.

Regards,

Aviansh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show us some screenshots from your CL02 and CT04 and PO.

It pretty much depends how you have created your characteristics, whether it is defined as something independent or if the original customizing table is referenced.

In case of a reference you should immediately see the same description of the purchasing group.

CL02 does not automatically mean change class, it can start in display mode and you need to click the pencil to get into the change mode.

And it also does not mean that you can maintain characteristics in general from there. If the characteristics are inherited in that class then they are not changeable there. then you have to climp up in the class hierarchy for maintenance.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but i am not getting any charaterstic in CT04 where I can change the description of purchasing group (3C2)

As you have purchasing group a vital release character- you should be having  Release characteristics for  purchasing group for PO and just find it!

You cannot change description of purchasing group in Release characteristics for  purchasing group for PO- you need to go for change mode with t.code:CT04 and remove to reenter purchasing group (3C2), so that new description of purchasing group will flow.Finally you can save it.

Pls. note changed description is showing in PO, but not showing in CL20n AND CL02.

Unless you change value in Release characteristics for  purchasing group for PO- you cannot get the new description of purchasing group in CL20N.

Once the  description of 3C2 purchasing group added successfully to Release characteristics of purchasing group for PO in t.code:CT04 and then you need add the new amended value of Release characteristics of purchasing group for PO to Release Class in t.code:CL02 and save.

Now  check in t.code: CL24N or CL20N - you can find appearance of your amended description of 3C2 purchasing group.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos
mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rikhi,

Please check CL20N, it means "Assign object to classes", Cl02, it means "Class", if you want to get changes of purchasing group in these reports than you can only bring via change in characteristics as suggested by Mr. Prasoon.

Best Regard

Mohsin Abbasi

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CT04 for the purchasing group characteristics and add the new purchase group / amend the decription in the values tab as shown below:

Save the settings and check in CL24N again.

Regards,

AKPT