cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic down payment posting during sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My clients requirement is to automatically post down payment at the time of sales order (VA01). After delivering and billing the same down payment need to be cleared.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Is this a specific requirement for a country or is it in general you want to implement down payment functionality. SAP has a predefined Down Payment process along with localization settings that needs to be adopted for a specific set of countries. 

Refer to below documentation from help.SAP.com

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo882/helpdata/en/45/20cad7a04f4c61e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Down Payment Requests - FI Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable - SAP Library

I agree with Shailendra and Lakhsmipathi that it is important and essential to establish clear E2E business use case to determine what part of down payment functionality fits into your need. SAP down payment functionality may be 100% fit in some cases and may not be fit at all into all business processes and as each business use case can vary between Delivery based Sales Orders Vs order based Sales Orders Vs Periodic billing Service Contracts Vs Milestone based Service contracts.

The one i have recently worked is for Russia that had unique business requirement for a down payment functionality on service Contracts with periodic based billing plan. Unfortunately native SAP doesn't support 2 periodic billing plan types in one single sales document. we had to customize using user exits and custom tables to achieve our business need without any core modifications. Std SAP provides much of down payment functionality on Sales Orders and Milestone based Contracts.

Refer to SAP documentation that gives you the insight in terms of IMG customizing settings on SD Down Payment function for Sales Orders.

Customizing - Billing (SD-BIL) - SAP Library

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Harsha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please clarify how system would know how much amount to be posted in FI as a Down Payment at the time of sale order creation?  Definitely, this is a fixed amount and moreover, it is not going to happen regularly.  Hence, it would be ideal to ask FI team to account this and follow standard down payment process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir

Our requirement is to take down payment amount from the sale order.

ie,our sales order is like below

Material Qty Amount

X        1     100

here we want to post RS 100 as automatic down payment as and when we save the sales order.

( we need to book the down payment before delivery and billing).

Anish Shaji

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several things to identify as per business prospective:

1. How much amount will be the down payment? Is it fix amount or varies through customer or material basis?

2. Is sales order going to be created after receiving of down payment?

3. How would business determine / knows that how much down payment business received and how much business has to get from customer in future? On what parameters?

4. How accounting will knock off?

Generally, we can create a condition type or use an existing condition type. If it is fix, then through condition technique we can determine the value in sales order. If it varies, we can put condition value manually in sales order at header or item level based on requirement.

But advise is that, we should go with the standard functionality of down payment process in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you for your valuable information and sorry for this delayed response.(as I was out of town)

As our project is related to E-commerce and my client will be using Magento software as front end.Here my requirement is to book sales order and down payment as soon the customer create an (order and payment) in Magento and also we want the whole process to be completely automated.

Then we want to clear our downpayment at the time of billing in SAP.

Process Flow

1. Customer create order (Magento Software)- Sales order and downpayment get updated simultaneously in SAP automatically.

2. Billing (SAP)- Here automatic downpayment clearing should happen.

I want to know whether it is possible in standard SAP (using Condition Type) or else we have to write a program.

Anish