cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiator rule - routing based on requestor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

we are on AC 10.1/SP10 and got a new requirement from business. We would like to route an access request while request initiation based on the requester. This means if USER_A requests access, the request should be routed to PATH_A. Whereas if USER_B requests it should go to PATH_B.

Since I haven't found a field in BRF+ I have tried to use a function module. I have found structure GRFN_MW_S_API_RTINST with field CREATED_BY but it seems that this structure is not helpful since I do not get any data during request initiation (probably only after the request has been saved).

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

you can use DBLookup, where USERID(User_type= REQ) can be retrieved, from table GRACREQOWNER.

use this DBLookup as Input Column, in your decision table.

But, this approach will involve as many entries in decision table, as there are requester's. And moreover, how would you know who the requester will be? Or, are there only specific requesters?

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

thank you for your help. I tried but did not work. Please note that I use mitigation control maintenance workflow (SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_MAINT) and not for access request.

During processing I tried to use data from structure GRAC_S_REQUEST_RULE_HEADER but did also not work. Table GRACREQOWNER does not contain information for mitigation control maintenance worfklow.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello You need to define BRF+ initiator rule for that. using DB LOOKUP

Create DB Lookup

Select single entry table GRACREQ, this table has information about SAP Access Request, so lookup input query in to table is Request name created during submission in the table and output value is REQUESTID.

Create 1 More DB Lookup to get Requestor ID for the particular request.

Run a look up on table GRACREQOWER, and look for USER TYPE MAN in the DBLOOKUPQUERY

To get Manager ID for that request need have a query for REQ_ID to fetch the request number and Requestor for that request.

Regards,

Prasant