Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV column header problem

former_member210804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In ALV output, there are two columns with header names says 'Manager as on (Key date1)' and 'Manager as on (Key date2)'.

But they are not appearing full text. It displays only 'Manager as on (Key da' .

Could you please help me regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Narasimha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Look at the SCRTEXT_x and COLTEXT fields in LVC_S_FCAT.  These are the fields where column headings come from in ALV grid.  ALV will choose a longer or shorter column heading, depending on how wide the column is.  It looks like you're getting the 20 character SCRTEXT_M field (since the truncated heading you see is 20 long).  You should fill each of these heading fields with a text that fits within its defined length to avoid getting arbitrarily truncated like this.

Jim

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Look at the SCRTEXT_x and COLTEXT fields in LVC_S_FCAT.  These are the fields where column headings come from in ALV grid.  ALV will choose a longer or shorter column heading, depending on how wide the column is.  It looks like you're getting the 20 character SCRTEXT_M field (since the truncated heading you see is 20 long).  You should fill each of these heading fields with a text that fits within its defined length to avoid getting arbitrarily truncated like this.

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Problem solved.. I m using seltext_l instead seltext_m field .

Best regards,

Narasimha.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the  length of the field, it may be the reason .

Hope it helpful,

Regards,

Venkat.

0 Kudos

In that case the field names are SELTEXT_L, SELTEXT_M, and SELTEXT_S.  You can try setting the DDICTXT value in the field catalog to "L", I think that may force ALV to always use the long text.  Or set the OUTPUTLEN value high and avoid column width optimizing in order to for the column to be wide enough that ALV will choose the long version anywa.