Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does analysis authorization work with RSR concept setting on RSCUSTV23

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone

my client is using  old reporting authorization on sap bw 7.0 system ,

the settings on RSCUSTV23 is set to obsolete concept .

My question is

1. does the new analyse authorization concept work with this setting ?

2. if it does not work then how can develop and test it ?

thanks in advance

raja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You have option in BW 7.0 to use both Old Auth. concept as well as new AA concept.

You can develop new AA (analysis authorizations) in RSECAUTH or RSECADMIN transaction and you can test the same.

Also you can include both the authorizations (RSR and analysis auth[S_RS_AUTH]) in a role.

hope it clarifies your doubts.

k/r,

Suresh

7 REPLIES 7

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You have option in BW 7.0 to use both Old Auth. concept as well as new AA concept.

You can develop new AA (analysis authorizations) in RSECAUTH or RSECADMIN transaction and you can test the same.

Also you can include both the authorizations (RSR and analysis auth[S_RS_AUTH]) in a role.

hope it clarifies your doubts.

k/r,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the reply suresh .

1. but with the obsellte setting in place can i test the new authorization? does it even work ?

if so its perfect

2. if the role has both rsr and s_rs_auth and setting is placed on use obsellte concept in RSCUSTV23, the system performs authorization check on

a) RSR

b) rsecadmin

c)both

thank you so much agani

regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you for writing
to answer your points:
2. Auth check will happen based on your query/report design, if both the objects are used then while checking for user authorization system will check for both (RSR & S_RS_AUTH) and if anyone has the required authorization check will pass. So answer is C

1. Once you have BW version 7.0 you can use anyone of the concept.

Hope it clarifies your doubts.

Please let me know if more info is required.

if you found my answer relevant to your queries, it would be great if you please mark it as correct/helpful.

k/r,
Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

thanks alot for your quick reply

if use the funtionsmodule RSEC_GET_AUTH_FOR_USER to check the authorization for  a user  ,

it shows the right values for the user to be authorized ,

however the authorizations are working fine only if i use RSSM and RSR

and not  S_RS_auth , am i  missing something here ?

regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Ideally this should not happen, as BW 7.0 allows S_RS_AUTH, (but make sure you are providing the right values for all characteristics while creating in RSECAUTH/RSECADMIN).

Please attach the Error screenshot, It will help in analyzing the exact issue.

Also please check if applicable SAP notes are applied in system or not.

k/r,
Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh

there is no error message its just not restricting data , but restricts when  i switch to the old authorization .

example analyis authoriyation name cc01

company code .a100, a200

authorization added to the role via s_rs_auth

and authorization revalant variable on the query .

and it doesn not restrict . based on the suggestions on the other post . i think it does not work

i

if you have to have a way out ,please let me know

regards

raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Please cross check that system is on recent support pack and has applicable SAP notes installed.

Another important point in SPRO settings make Security concept as Current Procedure with Analysis Authorizations. It should resolve the issue, Still some error then check for auth relevant char. in report and check if it is restricted in AA.
Also check if that char is made auth relevant in RSD1.

then system must restrict the report access.

k/r,

Suresh