cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MRP settings for my requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are changing a plants MRP type from PD to Reorder point with external requirements within the lead time(ZZ).The only thing I want the new MRP type ZZ to do is to calculate how much to procure based on re-order point level, receipts/requirements and DO NOT consider Forecast to come up with a proposal as checked in OMDQ within the lead time.

ZZ New MRP Type:

Also, the current plant is live using PD as MRP type with the following settings,

Current PD MRP type settings:

My concern here is what should be my settings on my ZZ reorder point MRP type so that VSF reductions are not affected and it should work the same way as we are doing today, Sales order that are currently being put into this existing live plant is not being affected and must consume forecast as the same way. I am sure I do not want to consider forecast to plan in re-order point.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can any one assist me on this ? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your VSF reduction will not affected due to new MRP type configuration. Your VSF reduction will be depend upon the strategy group 40 selected for the material which is linked with demand creation for the same material. In case of strategy 40, demand from PIR and Sales order will be considered by the system which you can see into MD04.

If you are creating Reorder point planning as a new MRP type then I suggest to copy it from one of the reorder point MRP type like V1, V2, VB, VM etc. rather than PD, then make the changes according to your requirement. Prepare the test scenario to confirm the results for your requirements in test system.

You can refer below threads to configure MRP type,

Reorder Point Planning with External Requirements - MRP Procedures - SAP Library

MRP Type V1 to consider Sales Order in MRP run | SCN

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naresh. My strategy is 40. So what is the difference between the following settings between V1 and PD, i am copying from V1, so just trying to understand V1.

I am worried about Cons.Ind.F'cast, MRP Ind.Forecast & Reduce forecast.

PD:

V1:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the Reorder point planning is the sub type of Consumption based planning and meaning of this means it will plan on the basis of material consumption and not with respect to requirements given as a demand (PIR or sales order) for that material hence you can see difference for the field 'Consumption indicator forecast' for PD and V1. In V1 it is 'G' that is 'Total Consumption'. For the field 'MRP indicator Forecast', you can also see the difference for PD and V1. In V1 it is maintained as 'Not to be included in planning' and in PD it is 'Unplanned requirements'.

For detailed understanding you can refer below threads,

Check MRP Types - Material Requirements Planning - SAP Library

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naresh. I am not clear on the difference between TOTAL CONSUMPTION and UNPLANNED CONSUMPTION, can you throw some light ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two types of historical data (consumption values) in the material master record: total consumption and unplanned consumption values.

Total consumption is the total of planned and unplanned consumption. For materials planned according to the consumption-based planning procedure, it is always the total consumption that is updated.

Unplanned consumption is only updated for materials that are planned according to MRP,

1. if goods are withdrawn from the warehouse without a reservation

2. if goods are withdrawn from the warehouse on the basis of a reservation, but if the quantity withdrawn exceeds the reservation

When withdrawing a material that is planned according to the MRP procedure on the basis of a reservation, only the planned consumption is updated. This value is not recorded in the material master record but, instead, it must be calculated by the user by subtracting unplanned consumption from total consumption.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naresh.

So if i understand correctly, this does not affect the Sales Order Process or Sales Order ATP Process correct? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Answers (0)