cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two web servers installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going to deploy two web servers for the web tier.  The architecture will look like this -

LoadBalancer

WEB1     -       WEB2

APP1   -    APP2

DataWare - CMS

I have done deployment before with one web server.  Everything was pretty straight forward. I need no guidance on that, I just did a production rollout recently. But now I will need two web servers, and there will be a load balancer.  Can someone with experience tell me specifically what considerations I need when installing Tomact on two different hosts for BOE?  Please - the more specific the better.  I assume there will be some additional config already. 

Thanks!

Mike

P.S.  Please don't point me in the direction of that high level "Design Pattern" link.  That thing is not helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

the best place to acquire the required knowledge is from BI 4.x pattern books which should answer all your queries. refer here System landscape overview - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki.I would request you to read the complete document rather than portions of it.

Please revert back in case if you need any questions.

Thanks

Mani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

If the LoadBalancer is hardware solution you don't do anything different.  It's like TWO seperate Web / APP server install.  You simply configure to Hardware LoadBalancer to use stinky session.  The hardware device would decide what HTTP to pass sessions to on it's own based on traffic sessions. 

What type of device is your LoadBalancer ?

Most HW LoadBalancers I have set-up I have actually done at Application Server level, see below

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!

I have to actually go back and revisit what was going on because I hadn't picked out the hardware yet.  I'm not sure what stinky session is, is that something I can just google and find out about?  This is very helpful, thank you.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Sticky sessions is a feature of the HW LoadBalancer device, see Google search link

Google

Regards,

Ajay