cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mssql jdbc error with idt

Former Member
0 Kudos

i creating a new relational connection to mussel 2014 using jdbc i have downloaded the driver and i kept it in a folder and i added the path in sqlsrvr.sbo file. when i tried to create a connection i am getting an error

Can someone help me what is the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which middleware version are you using?

Based on SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Supported Platforms (PAM) document you must be use SQL Server Native Client 12.0 for JDBC/MS SQL 2014 connection.

In order to create a JDBC connection:

Obtain the necessary JDBC driver software for the database, and copy the files to your system.

These files are available from the database vendor. The driver software consists typically of one or more jar files. Note the installation path details for these files.

Ensure that you have the database access details to hand, for example the login and password details.

To create a JDBC connection, use the following procedure:

1. Navigate to the directory that contains the database.sbo file.

For example, on a Windows system, the configuration files are located in the following paths, where connectionserver-install-dir is the directory where the Connection Server software is installed:connectionserverinstall-dir\connectionServer\jdbc\database_version.sbo

2. Use an XML editor to open the database_version.sbo file for editing.

3. Add the required .jar file details to the ClassPath area.

Include the fully qualified path names when specifying these files, for example:

<ClassPath>
<Path>C:\JDBC Drivers\MSSQLSERVER2000\ msutil.jar</Path>
</ClassPath>

Note:   These files need to be installed on the machine running the BI Client and on the BI Server.

4. Locate the Driver Capabilities parameter, and check that it is set to either Procedure or Queries. Or both separated by a comma.  If it is not listed, the JDBC driver is unavailable from the New Connection wizard.

6. Run the Connection Wizard. The JDBC driver that you have configured appears in the list of available connections. Select the JDBC driver and use the Wizard and configure the connection.

7. When you complete this task, the connection is available for use.

8. The same procedure is used on the BI Server and after the change restart the SIA.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
István

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your BO version? Check PAM if your version supports SQL Server 2014.

Which location did you copy the driver?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kalika,

Did you validate connection using 64bit ODBC.  Sounds like a configuration error with MS SQL Server.   Also did you restart the SIA after re-configuring the .sbo file.

Regards,

Ajay