cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Error: NiHostToAddr ftp error: NIEHOST_UNKNOWN

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're having an IXOS upgrade and we have to change the server name in the content repository but we're encountering below issue during archiving:

Connect Error: NiHostToAddr ftp error: NIEHOST_UNKNOWN

In CSADMIN the content repository is in red status. How can this be set to green? If we revert the change, the content repository also in green status. So this is only being encountered when the HTTP server was changed to the new server.

Here's the screenshot in CCMS:

But the connection test in OAC0 is working successfully.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have fixed the issue. We just changed the entry in HTTP server of the content repository, instead of Hostname, we changed it to IP address and the archiving job is now finishing successfully.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

We tried to change the version from 46 to 45 but the issue still persist.

Thanks!

Jerome

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello  Jerome,

Change the version no from 0046 to 0045. I guess IX_OLEU1 don’t support 46 versions and try. At least it would create a problem when working with clients.

If I remember correctly the red indicator should not stop you from archiving.

Thanks,

Kolusu

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerome,

The change of version is more related to protocol IX_OLEU1.

"CS Admin" buftton is more related to SAP Content Server . In your case you are using OpenText which is 3rd party HTTP Content( Archive ) server which data area as Archivelink.

Please ask if you have a question.

note: Technically, you should not call OTAS as Content server.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

Do you think, RFC connection is required and might affecting this issue?

Thanks!

Jerome

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jerome,

It is not an issue unless you use SAP Content Server.

Are you able to do archiving with out any problems?

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

We're having issue in archiving as the store job is encountering the NiHostToAddr ftp error: NIEHOST_UNKNOWN error as you can see in the initial screenshot in my post.

Thanks!

Jerome

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jerome,

are you using SAP Content Server?  How are you archiving? Which version of Archive Server you are using? close this thread to be good discussion and please mail me on sdnsuresh@gmail.com

~Kolusu