Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view data of SAP JavaDB using NWDS

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way where I can view the data present in SAP Java DB table which was created and deployed using java dictionary. We can view data using NWA/Open sql monitor but due to authorization limitation, Can I check same using SAP NWDS? Appreciate for your response.

Thank you,

Mallikarjuna Rao Malisetti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why nwds? you can do that with nwa.

/nwa/databrowser

Former Member
0 Kudos

The alias /nwa/databrowser is just the same OpenSQL Databrowser in NWA but directly accessable via URL. You still need the proper authorizations for the application and then also the tables you would like to query. The authorization is in the form of a UME Action which is defined for specific tables or groups of table using wildcard. If you set this in your own Java application when you define the data model then you could assign the create UME action in the UME. See the SAP help for 'Using Open SQL Data Browser" - Using Open SQL Data Browser - SAP NetWeaver Administrator - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ROHITGERA1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You can check the DB Data in NWDS also , for this you have to open the Data Source Explorer View in NWDS by following Path :

Open NWDS -> Windows -> Show View -> Other.. ->Search for Data Source Explorer ->choose and click ok.

After open the Data Source Explorer View you ahve to create the Database Connection for your Database and then you can connect the DB and can use in Open Sql Scrapbook.

Thanks,

Rohit

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your time. Is Database connection related to vendor specific client driver specific to database layer? or Can I use JavaDictionary in connection profile to connect?

Appreciate for your response.

Thank you,

Mallikarjuna Rao Malisetti

ROHITGERA1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You have to use the Client Driver for Creating the Database Connection and after Driver you have to give the Database Name, Host, Port Number and the Authentication for the Server.

Thanks,

Rohit