cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to merge 2 portal roles and have them displayed directly in detailed navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I would like to merge 2 portal roles and have them displayed directly in detailed navigation as we have the top level and second level navigation disabled for users through our framework pages. This is in our BI portal.

I am able to acheive this and see the merged roles if I assign a default desktop page to a single test user under the Rule. But, the business requirement is to have it merged in the detailed navigation tab and not to have TLN or second level navigation.

Scenario:

Role A has Folder A which has sub folder B which further has several sub folders like  C, D which contains Iviews.

Role B has Folder E which has sub folder F which further has several sub folders like G, H which contains Iviews.

The final requirement is to access the merged roles through a central /irj/portal URL and not any role specific URL to see all the Iviews and roles merged for that user on the Detailed Navigation area.

Kindly share your thoughts in this area.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shri Vidya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Merge priority: - it’s nothing but we will merge the two different roles with same name (whenever we create any roles. It saves the using roleID under PCD. So two roles are having same Name with different roleID’ s). Both nodes then appear as one entry in the top-level or detailed navigation

For example:

Merge ID Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The same steps mentioned in the first link that you shared has already been done but to see the merged folders and nodes in the second level navigation.

Unfortunately, the Business users don't have TLN and second level navigation activated in our environment. So, I would like to see the merged nodes in detailed navigation.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your quick revert.

Regards,

Shri Vidya S

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

Try to add the Merge ID also to the entries under the roles like folders and see if they are merged.

Make sure both roles and folders have the merge id.

BR,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos