cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create and use a Report instead of using Segmentations for the Target Groups in Marketing Pro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to create & use a custom report instead of using the Segmentation for the Target Groups in SAP CRM Marketing? If anyone knows about this, please explain me in possible way?

Thanks & Regards

Vaasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaasu

Check out the Segmentation Basis Functionality, this provides for running a report to extract a defined set of Business Partners.

You still need to run the Segmentation using the Standard Segmentation Tool, this runs over the results of Segmentation Basis.

Segmentation Basis - Segmentation - SAP Library

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the reply, Requirement is: to conduct the surveys every month to the target customers while conducting the surveys the list of Previous month customers not defaulted in the current month. If we use segmentation basis then January month target customers are also in the list of February month. So, can we avoid this in the segmentation basis??

Thanks & Regards

Vaasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaauu

Yes that would be one way.

Another way is to deduplicate against the previous months Target Group, I think you'd find this a bit more manual.

I think Segmentation Basis may be the better option.

Regards

Arden

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaasu,

We had the exact requirement and we used BI Queries as the data source.

The entire business logic was built in BI to identify the set of BP's and a Query was developed. A custom report was built in CRM which calls a RFC and fetches the results from BI using the BI query and creates a target group in CRM. Also it adds the list of BP's in a custom table. So when the next run (our requirement was weekly) is executed, the list of BP's coming from BI are compared with the data already stored in the custom table.

The common BP's are excluded, and only new BP's are added in this new Target Group. So each week a new TG is generated and also BP exclusions are checked with the previous run of the report.In this way we were able to exclude the BP's which were already communicated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siraj,

This is Exactly for what I'm looking. So, would you please explain me indetail about this.

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaasu,

Well, I work for automotive industry client and our requirement was to send welcome e-mails for customers who bought vehicles in the last 15 days. Also we had certain other parameters to be included in the filtering logic to identify the list of customers who bought new vehicles in the last 15 days.

1. We created a BI Query to identify the list of new customers with pre-defined set of business logic to filter the customers. Please note that there are no input parameters for this query, the entire filtering criteria is pre-defined. When you click the report name it just gives you the list of BP's as output.

2. A custom program was built in CRM, which takes the BI Infoset and Query name as input parameters and generates a target group with the list of BP's coming from BI query output.

3. The same custom program stores the details of the TG in a custom table as a communication history.

4. We built in additional exclusion logic in the custom program, which checks this custom table for the previous run of the same program. The program identifies the previous TG based on the naming convention (BIQueryName_DDMMYYYY). Since the date is suffixed with the TG name, we were able to identify the TG that was created in the previous run.

5. So the new run of the program always checks the list of BP's in the previous TG and excludes the common BP's in the new TG that got created.

The custom program runs in a weekly batch schedule and it generates new TG every week with the naming convention BIQueryName_DDMMYYYY.

This is a complete custom solution and the program is built newly for this requirement. I am from the functional team and if you need any technical details, I can check with our technical colleague and get back to you.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaasu

If your issue is resolved, please mark the thread as "Answered"

Many Thanks

Arden

Answers (0)