cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data slice issue in integrated planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am faced with a strange data slice issue in my scenario. I currently have two data slices based of two different exit classes.

Before running a planning function I set those data slices to inactive by using a function module which is working fine.

Which is extremely strange for me is that after setting the data slices to inactive the logic in the exit class belonging to data slices is running too and check the data slices although I set them to inactive in the first step. I have to say that I have all the function behind the same button. In the first step I set the data slices to inactive and in the second step the planning function is running. In the last step I set the slices to active again.

Which is also interesting for me is, that when the data slices are already set to inactive (without using my function modul in the first step) it works fine and there is no check on data slices. That's the reason why I think that if I run the first step for deactivating the data slices by using an extra button and after that runnig the planning function, it would work fine. But this is not what I want because that would be a step that the user should do in the layout. What I want is pushing a button to run the planning function and the data slices should be set to inactive before the planning function and should be set to active again once the planning function is finished.

What could be the reason? Does anybody any idea which can help me?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you all in advance.

Kind regards,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

the reason is simple: the system reads the data slice customizing tables 'on demand' at instantiation of application components interested in data slice (queries, planning functions). Already read customizing will never be read again at run time of the application. How should the system know about customizing changes not controlled by the system (i.e. using RSPLAN)? Of course it would be bad read to the definition again and again, all the more the 'application' design can not be forseen since it is modeled by the customer.

To 'activate/deactivate' data slices was discussed in this forum several times; use the search function to find some possible solutions.

Regards,

Gregor