cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export BO licesnse

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want Bussiness object license.  How to export BO license can you help me ASAP.

BO version is:- 4.1 sp5

DB:- Oracle

Regards,

Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhan,

For existing system, you can get the current license from SAP Support Portal > Keys, Systems & Installations > View or request license keys.

However, if you are looking for license for new installation. You can download the temporary Key from https://accounts.sap.com/saml2/idp/sso/accounts.sap.com Looking for the file Temporary Keys & Information xxx.pdf

After complete installed, following the note below for permanent license

1251889 - License key request for SAP Analytics Solutions (previously SAP BusinessObjects)

Please reward if this can help

Regards,

Piyawat

0 Kudos

Hey Piyawat,

Sorry there was a typo in that q.  Actually i want to download the BO license to connect ECC to BO.  If i am not wrong i suppose to make one SSO for that i have to download BO license kind of PSE.  Could you please help me that way or any note you have please let me know.

I have tried all the way around but i have not found right note or information regarding this.

Regards,

Vardhan

0 Kudos

Hi Piyawat,

Thanks for quick response

I already found these links.  I am using Linux OS .  I dont know the procedure to import the license from Linux OS or CMC, i have searched for this tool but i am unable to find it in Linux OS(PKCS12Tool ) and later i have to generate PSE for it.to make SSO from ECC to BO.  Any leads by that way.

Regards,

vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhard,

The PKCS12Tool.jar and keytool come with SAP BO Enterprise XI which it automatic come with SAP BO. The example, you would found the file in SAPBusinessObjects > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 > java > lib.

An the step would be

1. Generate keystore and certificate using PKCS12Tool

2) Generate certificate with keytool

3) Import the certificate using transaction code STRUSTSS02

4) Setup the SAP SSO service in SAP BO

Regards,

Piyawat

0 Kudos

Hi Piyawat,

Do you have any SAP Note for it? or screenshots or any procedure for it?

Regards,

Vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dow you want to connect your BO to ECC directly? Have you check doc in below?

For the key. you can following

1. Generate keystore and certificate using PKCS12Tool. follow command line in below to generate the keystore

/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/lib>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/sapjvm/bin/java -jar PKCS12Tool.jar -alias key -storepass admin1 -dname CN=hostname(BO server)

2) Generate certificate with keytool. Follow the command line in below

/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/lib>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/sapjvm/bin/keytool -exportcert -keystore keystore.p12 -storetype pkcs12 -file cert.der -alias key

3) Import the certificate using transaction code STRUSTSS02

4) Setup the SAP SSO service in SAP BO

You would able to follow the  wiki in below (just change to ECC)

Import SAP BO BI4.0 certificate into SAP BW - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Setup of SAP SSO Service in SAP BO BI4.0 CMC - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Setup of SSO againt SAP BW for SAP BO BI4.0 BICS or JCO connections - Business Intelligence (Busines...

Regards,
Piyawat

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply i will try this and let you know.  another few minutes.

Regards,

Vardhan

0 Kudos

Hi Piyawat,

Now i have missed the PKCS12Tool.jar file is that file we can copy from oracle.com ??? and directly upload to the java directory according to the version.. it will work?

Regards,

Vardhan

0 Kudos

Hi Piyawat,

I have checked in my server there no PKCS12Tool.jar.  In this case how shall i process this issue.

Is there any other way to process this issue?>

Regards,

vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed SBOP BI on your server? what's the vesion? PCKS12Tool.jar should automate install together with SBOP BI.

Regards,

Piyawat

0 Kudos

Hi Piya,

Thanks your links are very much helpful.

Finally i found PCLS12Tool.jar with root user.  just now i have created the certificate.  I have worked half of on it.  Will let you know ASAP.

Regards,

vardhan

0 Kudos

Hi Piyawat,

I have uploaded the certificates now its with functional consultant.  Hope it will work fine.

Regards,

Vardhan

Answers (0)