cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to email moderator of SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Kindly tell how to email the moderator of SCN.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need to email moderator ? Is it for discussion rejection ?

Your first discussion was rejected with proper reason and you second (same) discussion was locked with proper reply.

Spend some time to read that blog post

If you can;r able to understand what you need to do, then please read this blog post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! This is very informative.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moshe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

This is not about the question as to who is my trainer or training. As I already mentioned that I am still practising and have been doing my home work. Some years back these kind of help or guide were not there and therefore people used to find answers for themselves. But, here as we have a forum and experts I thought it will be useful for my queries to be solved. I have not done the course from a well established Institute as you are aware the cost of doing this is very high and I could not afford. So, the training institute where I did my course is doing their best to guide me whenever required. But, I am accessible to SAP MM portal just few minutes a day and some hours on weekend due to office work. I am not experienced in SAP MM and trying to get experienced.

So, I did not feel my question as trivial as you felt. Though I found some threads related to my question as Dibyendu mentioned I am still not convinced nor understood and so I needed advice and a guide. I therefore, attached print screens for the same. I don't think it will take any time for anyone to just post the steps to correct the error.

So, if you all want to help please do so. Otherwise, I think that this forum is not me.

Thanks,

Gopal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as I just posted 2461 hits.

With a more sophisticated search like this term: period "is not open for account type"

still 158 hits.

And in the long text you find a) instructions

b) the message number

Use the message number to search in SCN and I bet you find as well more than you can read in hour

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

Our dear moderators are after maintaining the quality of SCN. Imagine that you follow a space and 95% of the questions were already answered and discussed several times. This will not only harm your user experience but you will stop following it as you don't learn anything new. This is exactly what we want to prevent. Sharing your research efforts will increase the motivation of other members to help you and will convince moderators that you searched before you posted (of one the most important rules in our ROE).

Please let met know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Moshe

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please feel free to @ mention me in case you have questions regarding moderation. You can also Email me (can be found in my profile)

Regards,

Moshe

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You find the email address if you move the cursor over my name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

No. I tried. It is saying access denied.

However, I want you to help me on this. Again my thread has been deleted. I don't understand why? You say there are more threads regarding the same then please forward me the same as I have found none.

I am very particular about my query. I also know there are threads regarding MIGO issue, but please read my query again and solve my problem as I am stuck and not able to go ahead.

Even I don't want to waste on the old query but this one needs time.

Basically, I am just about to finish my course. So, I am not much experienced as you are all. I basically joined this forum for I will get help on everything in SAP MM.

error message - posting not maintained in S & GL type in MIGO.

Hope, you will consider my request and not delete again.

Gopal

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as I have found none.

I can't believe that we haven't any discussion for this error message number.

I am able to find answer by spending just 1 min for search and I am sure SCN search is same for everyone.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now you made me curious. Can you explain a bit about your course. How this is organized and instructed.

All your questions ever posted are questions that arise if someone just accessed an IDES system the very first time. We have any of your questions answered countless times in SCN, even in the same sequence.

I would really appreciate to know if this is guided training as I wonder if you receive training that the trainer is not able to provide you with solutions for this basic settings. Exact this should be addressed by the trainers  and then you do your exercises and if you stuck you ask your trainer.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"You say there are more threads regarding the same then please forward me the same as I have found none."

That would be the most stupid thing a moderator could do, as you would then have the answer to your issue served on a silver plate. The moderator had done the search instead of you.

But of course had the moderator done this search before he rejected your item.

And I will show you these basic steps of a search.

And even more to help you posting correct questions.

Look what you posted above, you said "error message - posting not maintained in S & GL type in MIGO"

Now compare this with the screenshot:

Why do you translate a very clear error message into such meaningless "posting not maintained in S & GL type" info?

You did not even look at the long text, follow the arrow in the screenshot

Next step, searching in SCN.  What do you think would be a valid part from this message to execute a search. I would take the words "Period" "is not open for account type"

I would not use the period value as this is a variable and I would not use the account number as this is a variable too, as it is master data in each company and not something which has a common number in the world.

Now I enter the words into the SCN search field on top right and it brings me back the best hits.

Do you see that this has resulted in 2461 hits!

You could probably open any of the hits in the first page to find your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I understood. Thanks Jurgen.

Sorry for the inconvenience.