cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide dimensions in Analysis for OLAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to the OLAP world and I do not know if the solution to my problem could be found using HANA Studio or Analysis for OLAP.

I am opening an Analytic View created in HANA Studio (Version: 2.0.16) with Analysis edition for OLAP (BI launch pad, SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5 Version: 14.1.5.1501). The Analytic View contains some level hierarchies and they work fine.

My question is: since I have dimensions that I do not want to see outside the hierarchy they are used in, how do I hide dimensions from the Data Panel on the left in Analysis for OLAP?

I have seen OLAP cubes created with other applications and only hierarchy names are shown, the list of all dimension names is not present. With HANA Analytic Views instead the hierarchy name is shown in the folder named as the hierachy leaf and there is a folder for every dimension in the hierarchy. If I hide a dimension with HANA Studio also the hierarchy in which the dimension is contained disappears in the Data Panel in Analysis, so this is not a good solution.

Does anyone know of another solution?

Thanks,

Paola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your Dimension is the part of the hierarchy then You can not hide it. better option is filter the data as per your requirement or use Web Intelligence Report or change into the HANA Studio and Add your dimension as per your requirement without hierarchy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (0)