cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Draw the objects in VB?

0 Kudos

Good day.

We set up tracking of resources and in the test mode see the movement of resources.

We would like to draw production shops, warehouses, and shipping points in 3D. But unfortunately I can not information on how to draw objects in the Visual Business.

I found a different setup guides, and selectively read the blog of Marcus Zahn, but still could not find the information that interests me.

Tell me, please, where can I find information on this subject?

Regards,

Marat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

I assumed that you use ABAP. In principle you can also embedd the ActiveX control in a HTML page. But you have to use at the moment the ActiveX. The interface is JSON based. and you get an overview of the API here

0 Kudos

Maybe I have the incorrect information, but I have heard that draw objects easily and there is no need to use programming.

Of course, closer to us ABAP, not HTML.

We have:

SAP TM 9.2

SAP EM 9.2

SAP NetWeaver 7.4

and Visual Business 2.0

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marat,

drawing 3D object on a Visual Business map from ABAP is possible in the setup given by you. You find the releated API objects in package VBI_GEOMAP_CORE and you may have a look into report VBI_GUI_TEST for the actual usage.

It is possible to draw boxes with a texture for more detail, or to use collada models for the 3D objects.

In both cases we recomment to use the latest version 2.1 of the VB control.

The drawing it self is quite easy. You need to fill structure IF_VBI_SERVICE_PROVIDER=>SPOT_ENTRY for each object to be drawn. Important properties are the TYPE and the POSITION. Please have a look at CL_VBI_GEOMAP_TEST_APPL=>ADD_BOX for reference.

Feel free to come back with further questions.

Cheers Uwe  

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marat,

for 3D you have to use at the moment the ActiveX client of Visual Business.

You can build a 3D Collada model for your 3D objects and transfer it to Visual Business.

See here for details:

In Netweaver are also some samples available:

VBI_GUI_TEST_3D and VBI_GUI_3D_DEMO.

Best

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I watched the demo here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41489.

This video demonstrated the buildings that are drawn on top of the card providers. My goal is to implement a similar visualization. You want to say that it is possible to realize only using ABAP? I was sure that this standard functionality VB, which will allow us to draw such simple objects.