cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Server support for Asynchronous RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm developing a JCO server to accept calls from a SAP System.

Does the JCO Server supports the SAP System making Asynchronous RFC'S, and if so, do I have to set up some setting or connection parameter?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

two additional remarks to Stefan's correct answer:

There is also support for bgRFC in JCo. It's the successor of tRFC and is requiring a JServerUnitIDHandler implemented

If you refer to the ABAP statement STARTING IN NEW TASK then there is nothing special to do in JCo. For JCo that just feels like a 'normal' synchronous calls.

Best regards,

Markus

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> There is also support for bgRFC in JCo. It's the successor of tRFC and [...]

Yes, but if one could say so, I would say that bgRFC is more the successor of the qRFC (that is based on tRFC).

Or maybe better: the bgRFC is the common successor for both: tRFC and qRFC.

Anyway, all of these protocols are supported by JCo: sRFC, tRFC, qRFC and bgRFC.

But these things are tiny details only...

...just to make the list complete now.

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

JCo supports the tRFC (transactional RFC) protocol which is for calling RFCs asynchronously.

For using this, your JCoServer additionally needs an implementation of the JCoServerTIDHandler interface which must be set for the JCoServer instance.

There are no special connection parameters needed.

With the JCo SDK there is an example shipped called StepByStepServer.java. In this example coding the method step3SimpleTRfcServer() is showing a simple JCoServer implementation that supports tRFCs.

Best regards,
Stefan