cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap EHS Specification Workbench - How to Make value assignment (Invert Axis) default to either horizontal or vertical

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I have a requiremnet to make invert axes default to vertical mode . It always shows in horizontal and I  want to make it Vertical always for all value assignment Types .

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Yes, there is a way to permanently invert the axis. Start the customizing (SPRO) and drill-down to:

- Environment, Health & Safety

- Basic Data and Tools

- Specifcation Management

- Specifcation Database Structure

- Settings for Value Assignment

- Set up Table-Based Value Assignment

Select 'Create Entries for the Value Assignments'. Please read through the detailed program documentation on how to maintain the customizing table. The option to work with inverted axes is at the bottom of the screen ('Table Representation' - 'Invert Axes').

Please also refer to SAP Note 1053427:

1053427 - Inversion of axes cannot be set by default

Best Regards,

Camila

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I did not check the OSS note provided by Camila. I assume the note will talk about those cases in which the "switch" is not possible,, In any case: if you have a class oriented property (with characteristics) and the number of characteristic is to large you can not switch anymore (neither manual nor automatic); i can not remember the number of "characteristics". May OSS noteas mentioned by Camila will help here.

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris . I was looking some setting more on front end rather than through config as we cannot change config once we go live . Camila Agree ?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

you did not get my message. You have to differentiate between "default" look and feel and user interaction. You can do execuzte a set up (by customizing) that by default you get the look and feel one way or the other way. But there are limitations. The same limitations exists if you try to do it manuelly in SAP Gui. I can only remember that the switch depends on:

- number of characteristics inside

- and/or the number of data records in the property

BUT: as always: SAP is very flexible. If you realy study customizing set up and understand the EHS trcuture and the SAP framework (and you have a quite good ABAPer) then you can use SAP EHS completely different in comparison what you get "out of the box" (I will not go to details here)

C.B.