cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWM Excel add-in project incompatible with Visual Studio 2013 even when successfully installed

neelesh_pratapwar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am experimenting with SAP GWMPAM for Visual Studio add-ins. I started off quite well but ran into problems at some point of time. From there on, I am having lot of trouble to get it work again.

As likely solution (or as I thought  so) to the problem I encountered with in creating the service proxy while consuming one particular service (other services on the Gateway worked just fine), I uninstalled the complete environment and re-installed it. However, now installing the GWM add-in SP04 is not reflected in Visual Studio 2013, though the installation is successful as suggested by the GWM wizard.

I cannot see any GWM in the project templates nor in the Extensions Manager. I followed same steps on other machine and ran into exact same problem. When I try to open the existing GWM project, it gives me an incompatibility error stating that the project is incompatible with current edition. May be I am making a fundamental mistake that I am unable to figure out. However, when the wizard says installation successful, I expect it to work just fine with visual studio.

FYI, I tried all the three solutions that are under the Troubleshooting section of the developer's guide SAP Gateway for Microsoft: Visual Studio Add-In for missing GWM templates but in vain.

This is a show stopper for me at the moment and would really appreciate an immediate response.

Regards,

Neelesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neelesh_pratapwar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I tried manually installing the extension by putting the files in the folder GWM into the /VisualStudio/12.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions folder and running the command devenv.exe /setup /nosetupvstemplates. This installed the tool as I can see it in the Extension manager, however now creating an add-in project after connecting it to a service gives the following error.

Thanks,

Neelesh

Answers (0)