Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All_capital_plus_hex not working in BW

maheshsinghmony
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are getting data from external system into BW, for one of the fields ZSTITL_NM - Song Title we are getting ! sign at the start i.e. we are

trying to load the value !PREACHER'S DAUGHTER into the cube.

however the load seems to be failing with the below error. "You are trying to load the invalid characteristic value !PREACHER'S

DAUGHTER & (hexidecimal representation  21005000520045004100430048004500520027005300200044)."

we have even tried loading the data with the value ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX in RSKC but we are getting the same error.

we have also tried checking and unchecking the "Lowercase Letters" in the infoObject, but we get the same error.

I have attached a document with all the error screen shots for the same.

RSKC:

Infobject:

Error Message in DTP while loading the data to the cube:

regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The string started with ! is not allowed as per the note "173241 - Allowed characters in the BW System". So you need to remove the ! character from your string( !PREACHER'S DAUGHTER) in PSA before loading into cube. First make that request red and delete it from Cube and then edit that record in PSA. Later reload the data to cube.

Regards,

Vengal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I agree with . The problem is not related to RSKC settings, it is a general check that the string should not start with an exclamation mark.

However, instead of editing the record in the PSA, I suggest to implement an add-on for cleansing character strings. Please read my blog where you can find all details for such an approach and a link to the document with implementation instructions.

Best regards,

Sander