cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC olap connection with SAP BO 4.x Prompt authentication

Hi Team,

what is the major advantage of using authentication Prompt OLAP connection option in CMC.

Pre-defined
SSO
Prompt

Warm Regards
Amar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All three types have different usage.

Prompt:In this case users needs to enter the user name and password every time  when they are going to refresh the reports. painful for users to enter user name and password every time.

Predefined- user name and password is staticin the connection..Same for all users.In this case SAP BW data authorization will  not work. Everytime users will see the data in the report based on the authorization of particular user name which is defined in the connection.

SSO- SSO setup is the one time activity.no prompt  for user.BW data authorization will work with SSO authentication.No need of updating the user name and password while moving connections in the different environments.Users only can see the data where they are authorize.

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit Kumar,

When I change to Authentication option to "Prompt"; getting an error i.e. "OLAP connection error."

Not prompting with user name and passwords.

Could you please let me know if I am missing anything.

Warm Regards

Amar

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not work with webi report.Prompt authentication will only work with "Analysis Edition of OLAP" tool.

If you want to check then select the "Analysis Edition of OLAP"  in BI launch pad and create new with prompt authentication.you will get the prompt window to enter user name and password.

For webi either use predefined or SSO authentication.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I just have a small question "Does PROMPT option works for CR Enterprise(BI4.1) ?".

In my case this is not working so just wanted to confirm this.

Thanks in advance..!!

-Krishna

Answers (0)