cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant migrate an EAR wrapper for an EJB to Development Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to migrate a custom developed AS Java job (extends MDBJobImplementation, EJB based) to the NWDI environment of a customer. So I created an EJB project in NWDS and also created en EAR wrapper project while doing, to be able to deploy the job:

At the end I have an EJB project containing the job and an EAR wrapper project for that one, so far so good. Since I need both in the development track of our customer I needed to migrate both to DC's. While I didnt face any problems for migrating the EJB, Im not able to do so for the wrapper. I simply dont see any entries I can proceed if I choose "Convert Project to Development Component..." from the context menu of the EAR wrapper project. This makes it impossible to deploy the job itself and is of course not expedient.

I guess its a quite common task resp problem, but I didnt faced it for myself till now and not able to find any hints on SCN. Could somebody help me out please? Thanks,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why bother to migrate/convert? creating a new one is big deal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fair question, lets see:

1.)I have the Job already as a DC from last conversion, so lets create one for a wrapper, must be J2EE / Enterprise Application as far I got it:

2.)

3.)

4.)

I dont see a possibility to mark a dependent project, like during creating an EJB project in my entire post. Maintaining an appropriate Java EE Dependency in the project properties is hot helping: created EAR doesnt contain the job JAR. Do I miss something? Thanks,

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know what you are talking.....

create the ear dc and select the ejb dc in the creation wizard.

tell me what is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun Wu wrote:

create the ear dc and select the ejb dc in the creation wizard.

tell me what is missing.

Thats the point: I cant select the ejb dc during the creation process, I screenshotet the whole creation process of the wrapper DC to show you that

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably the ejb dc is not migrated successfully.

you can do the same thing to ejb dc, creating new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This want help, I have tryed already: even if Im creating the ejb dc from scratch, I dont have any options to add a dependency while creating the wrapper dc or to do it in reverse (creating wrapper first and afterwards try to add the ejb dc).

I would be pretty wondered if this would be the case: the SAP assistant for creating a J2EE Enterprise Application seems to be static, it simple lacks on "Add project to an EAR" function like the Eclipse EJB standard assistant do. I would assume you can create an dependency after both dc's are created, but I dont have an idea how

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how can it be static.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun Wu wrote:

how can it be static.......

In the screenshots of the assistant Ive showed it is static, beware Im talking about initial DC creation. What you are showing is maintenance of J2EE module dependencies after creating both DCs. This is in fact not what I meant or asked for, but if this could be a solution, I would do that. However, I have found J2EE dependencies already over EP perspective in the NWDS and have tagged the dependency, but this is not helping: the created wrapper archive doesnt contain the JAR of the ejb dc. I wrote before in my second post:

Maintaining an appropriate Java EE Dependency in the project properties is hot helping: created EAR doesnt contain the job JAR

this statement is still valid

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i said before, your ejb dc probably got some issue.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the screenshot 4, you cannot see the ejb dc you migrated/created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I understood you, Im blond but not dumb (hope at least) As I sad before:

even if Im creating the ejb dc from scratch, I dont have any options to add a dependency while creating the wrapper dc or to do it in reverse (creating wrapper first and afterwards try to add the ejb dc).

So at the end I tryed to migrate the content and also to build it from scratch and add all classes I needed through copy-paste. The ejb dc is buildable in both cases, either after migration or rebuilding from scratch. In the build log I cant find any hints something is going wrong, from the NWDS I cant say the dc have any issues, it looks and behavious like any other dc in the track, excepting it doesnt contain the ejb jar after build. Do you have any pointers I need to check, maybe Im missing something?

Currently Im helping my self through manual EJB wrapper creation and exporting resp deploying an EAR, this works like a charm.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I cant, I have no idea what it depends on

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are some ejb dc for you to pick up, the nwds has no problem, i think, there must be something wrong with that particular dc.

what if you create an empty ejb dc? will it be available for you to select in step 4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun Wu wrote:

there are some ejb dc for you to pick up, the nwds has no problem, i think, there must be something wrong with that particular dc.

Yes, thats right Jun. Because of that Im thinking its not a bug, the error is sitting right in the front of the workstation. Ive never done such a constellation on a NWDI track before, I simply must do something wrong

Jun Wu wrote:

what if you create an empty ejb dc? will it be available for you to select in step 4?

yes, it is, I just created an empty one, performed a build. After this I created a wrapper dc and voila, the empty sample ejb was available on step 4. Argh, Im going mad slowly, I rebuilded resp. reimported the ejb dc several times, no success. I will checkin all open stuff into DTR, kick the track completely and reimport it. I got currently not other idea what to do. Thank you anyway,

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just do another manual migration for the ejb dc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted both DC's, removed references, deleted whole NWDS workspace, kicked the NWDI track completely, reimported resp rebuilded all stuff, created both DC's new. That did the trick, worked well after that. I have the suspicion the problem was probably related to the fs of the workstation, but Im not sure

cheers

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

glad to know you problem is gone:)

Answers (0)