Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Solution for the below Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would request you to kindly provide the solution for my requirement. Here are the below details.

Sender System: SAP ECC system.

Middle Ware System: PI system.

Target System: File.

Sender Structure: IDoc.

Detail Description:

ECC system triggers standard IDoc MATMAS04 to PI system. Each time that transaction BD21 is executed an IDoc will be created. Here the most important requirement is the order of the IDoc transmission must be ensured. The order of the time stamp of change of the material should be the order in which the IDocs are transferred. Independent from the numbering of the IDoc.

For Example:

The material was created at 10:01, then changed once at 10:04 and then changed a second time at 10:07. The IDocs won’t necessarily be created in the same order of these changes. The information related to the creation of the material master at 10:01 is in IDoc 101, the info about the second change in IDoc 102 and the info about the third change is in IDoc 103. The transmission order of the IDocs should be IDoc 101, 103, 102, so that the creation and the changes are in the correct order.

Material MasterChange time (timestamp)IDoc-no (automatically created)Transmission order (IDoc-no)
471111.09.2015 10:01 h101101
471111.09.2015 10:07 h102103
471111.09.2015 10:04 h103102

Each IDoc will only contain a change for ONE Material, the change is defined by the change pointer i.e. if the same material was changed twice within 10 minutes 2 IDocs for this material will be created.

We are using PO 7.4 single stack. Also we have tried EOIO option in Sender Communication channel from PI end. But in case of any failure in one IDoc the remaining IDocs will be effected. So other than EOIO could you please kindly help me if any thing needs to be done PI end.

Else case please let me know whether the time stamp need to be care from ECC system. If so kindly provide me the code regarding the same.

Appreciate you help for the quick response.

Thanks alot in advance!!!!!

Best Regards,

Prashanth Bharadwaj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helli Prashanth,

ECC system triggers standard IDoc MATMAS04 to PI system. Each time that transaction BD21 is executed an IDoc will be created.

For Example:

The material was created at 10:01, then changed once at 10:04 and then changed a second time at 10:07. The IDocs won’t necessarily be created in the same order of these changes.

As per my observation, if you run standard BD21, it generates one idoc for one material with latest changes.

so as per the example you have provided if we execute BD21 at 10:10 then only one idoc will be generated for one material with the latest change of the material.

Best Regards,

Jitendra

2 REPLIES 2

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helli Prashanth,

ECC system triggers standard IDoc MATMAS04 to PI system. Each time that transaction BD21 is executed an IDoc will be created.

For Example:

The material was created at 10:01, then changed once at 10:04 and then changed a second time at 10:07. The IDocs won’t necessarily be created in the same order of these changes.

As per my observation, if you run standard BD21, it generates one idoc for one material with latest changes.

so as per the example you have provided if we execute BD21 at 10:10 then only one idoc will be generated for one material with the latest change of the material.

Best Regards,

Jitendra

0 Kudos

Thanks alot