cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error when opening Report through BPF

former_member208963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello people, I am having an issue with certain users, they cannot open any Report through BPF, an pop-up message appears in Excel:

An error (Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.) occurred while transmitting data over the HTTP channel

SAP EPM 10.0 sp 16 MS

Did you ever find something similar?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

For those users, please try to bypass the proxy server and see if the issue persists

Try also to check if an anti-virus software on the client machines is  bloquing the request.

Best Regards,

Dorra.

former_member208963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again, it is happening only with a couple of users in a specific location, for the rest is working ok.

I think maybe it is something related to the connection, proxy...

I've asked for the users's bpc log to see if there is something wrong.

The strange thing is that they can connect to the system, open their processes, and then, error appears only when opening templates.

Since they're in another location, and final users, I can't ask them to do this fiddler thing, in that case I will need to contact IT to perform these kind of actions/test.

We're planning to update to sp23, but its not sp related.

thanks

Regards.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Can you re check in BPC template the path of of report is correct.?

Is it happening with all the BPF ?

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't seem to be a known issue.

We'll have to do some troubleshooting.

Can you capture a fiddler trace (see sap note 166489) and post it here?

Also - just in case it was bug in the EPM add-in - can you try with EPM add-in sp23 as well?

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan, it the note number correct? It looks like the note has nothing to do with Fiddler.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably the note should be 1709467 - Trouble shooting BPC ODBO / XMLA issues maybe also this note can be helpful 1994801 - HTTPwatch Tips